Connecting MSI GTX 770 Twin Frozr to Corsair CS750M PSU

notsoguru

Reputable
Sep 23, 2014
Hi,

I'm not completely sure on something so decided to ask on here.

I'm wanting to connect my MSI GTX 770 twin frozr card to my Corsair CS750M PSU. The specs for the PSU are here: http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/cs-series-modular-cs750m-750-watt-80-plus-gold-certified-psu

The graphics card requires two 8 pin connections. Am I able to use one single PCIE lead (which came with the PSU) to connect both these connections to the power supply?

ie. Connect the 8 pin side of the lead to the PSU, then connect the two 6+2 connections on the same lead to the graphics card.

Or do I need to use two seperate leads connecting from the PSU to each of the 8 pin connections on the card?

Appreciate help.

Thanks

Solution
Not quite sure what you're asking, but if you use the included cables it's idiot proof.

I'm assuming that there are TWO, 6+2 connectors on the same cable so just use that.

I think it should work if you just connect the two 6+2 connections and the 8pin side the same way as you described.

Update:
Okay, yes you are describing it correctly. I didn't read it right first, but again it's idiot proof due to the way the connectors attach.

When you use the cable with two 8-pin connectors on the end (6+2) it has sufficient power for both those at the same time otherwise it would be pointless to have both.

I see why you are nervous, but again the cables are designed in such a way that the 8-pin connection on the PSU only matches up to that cable.

notsoguru

Reputable
Sep 23, 2014

Thanks for the reply. There were only two very short cables supplied with the graphics card, each have a 6 pin end and an 8 pin end, nowhere near long enough to connect to PSU.

However, my PSU did come with leads, which included a few with an 8 pin (assuming PSU connection) and two 6+2 pin connectors on the same lead.

Your answer has cleared this up anyhow.

Many thanks.

notsoguru

Reputable
Sep 23, 2014

Many thanks for your reply also.