Question Connecting my RTX 3070 Gigabyte OC with PCI 6+2 AND daisy chained 6 pin?

Jul 6, 2021
Hi, i bought my pc 2 weeks ago, where i originally bought a RTX 3060. My PSU is a Deep Cool DQ 650-M-V2L GOLD. Since i found an RTX 3070 cheaper later, i sold my 3060 and bought the new card. The thing is, that my PSU only comes with 1 PCIe 6+2 that has another 6+2 daisy chained to it. Is it ok to connect it like that? I've read that using the cable like that pushes it too far. I also have some unused dual molex + sata cables, is using a converter on those better? Thanks for the replies.

jay32267

Champion
If it came that way....it was designed to be used that way....and I would use it that way.

Problems can occur....for instance....if you were to add a splitter...but if that's how it came from the factory I would use it that way.

Jul 6, 2021
Yes, it came that way from factory. The box states PCIe ((6+2) x 2) x1 and shows the picture of the daisy chained cable.

Most PSU come with this type of PCIe cable. It's ok to use both 6+2 plugs - always better to use two separate cables when you can though. Using SATA/molex to PCIe adapters is not ok, don't do that.
Whether your PSU is enough to run 3070 is different question. It might be.

ASK THE COMMUNITY