[SOLVED] Connecting PC speakers and subwoofer

Kornpop

Commendable
Sep 21, 2020
I just bought a Polk audio psw111 compact powered 8 subwoofer, And I would like to use my existing Creative Pebbles PC speakers as satellites. The Pebble speakers only has the 3.5mm jack to the PC and the subwoofer has rca line in jacks and straight wire line out for speakers. There must be a way to do this but I can't figure it out. If anyone knows I would appreciate the help. The pebble speakers are powered by usb to pc.

pebble-plus-cables.jpg

Kornpop

Commendable
Sep 21, 2020
Thank you for your help. The pebble speakers don't have a rca plug so I will have to connect the sub to the pc the way that you described.

If your speakers are not the Pebble Plus model, then you don't have the "RCA to subwoofer" cable as shown in the above pic that @kerberos_20 linked to. I do not see a line-out on the sub, so you cannot connect the Pebble speakers to the sub for a signal source.

You must get a 1/8" TRS splitter cable with a single male and two females, like this: https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-YMM-232...words=1/8"+trs+splitter&qid=1624726337&sr=8-3

The cable that @kerberos_20 linked to might have come with your sub, or you might have to buy one (from link already posted: https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-S...=2x+rca+to+3.5mm+stereo&qid=1624715593&sr=8-6).

Here's how to connect it. Connect the male end of the 1/8" TRS splitter cable to your source (PC audio out, usually a green jack on the back of the PC). Then connect the cable that kerberos_20 linked to, one end to the splitter on the PC and the other end to the rca jacks on the sub. Then, connect the Pebble speakers to the other leg of the splitter coming out of the PC.

Shahmatt

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
You can connect the Sub directly to the PC and use the Voicemeeter tool to output to two speakers.

In Voicemeeter are settings to merge the volume controls of the two devices together, and also a means to adjust for lag/delay between the outputs.