Connecting Pc To TV

BenHall_

Reputable
May 22, 2014
hey guys, i have just built my new computer and was installing my software, i finshed installing everything , and was playing for an hour or so and i went to shutdown my computer and there was a "!" icon on the shutdown button, so i shutdown my computer,before it completely shutdown updates were being installed and then when it finshed i started my computer up and nothing came up on my Tv, it was working excellnt 2 minutes before this via a belkin high speed HDMI cord, i plugged headphones in to see if i could here windows booting up nosie but nothing. i tryed changing between HDMI cords,nothing, i tryed a differnt TV ,nothing, i try taking my GPU out and Plugging my HDMI to my motherboard, nothing,
im running "
Radeon 290 windforce 4G GPU
Windows 7 professional 64bit
intel i7 4770
im using wireless
any suggestions?

Pondering

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
This might not be your solution.

I had instances where the computer went to sleep during an update installation and when I pressed the power button to 'turn it on'. I had actually turned it off in the middle of an update installation. I usually just reinstall the operating system when that happens.

Also is there another monitor connected to it?

oh well. try this. reformat as suggested above. don't be in such a big hurry to play games before all the work is done. after installing the ethernet driver and other drivers off the disc that came in the motherboard box you should have gone to windows updates over and over and over again until all software and patches and updates were installed. the you should have turned off windows updates ( go there once a week on your own.... on Tuesdays ). then you could have done a defrag and reboot. then install all your security software and did a scan. then you can install your games and have fun and act like any other irresponsible adult.

BenHall_

Reputable
May 22, 2014
ill try some of these solutions, my graphics card only takes DVI and i have to get a new moniter because i only have a TV but ill try that , if that doe not work , would that mean my graphics card is blown?

BenHall_

Reputable
May 22, 2014
so i plugged in my DVI cable from my graphics card into my moniter and still nothing and when i plug it from the mother board to moniter nothing happens there either? i dont which one is casuing these problems ,mother board or graghpics card?

Pondering

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
Do you have an onboard graphics that has VGA/DVI/maybe HDMI from the back panel? Have to troubleshoot from there if you have an onboard graphics card. I have never troubleshooted a computer without an onboard graphics card.

The black screen might be related to updating windows 8/8.1 as well.

Try putting in the install/restore disc to see if it shows anything on the screen.