Question Connecting second display to my internal graphics card vs dedicated one

themiziko

Reputable
Sep 19, 2017
I appoligize if it's kind of a newbie question. So, Currently I have 3 monitors, 2 of them connected to my dedicated graphics card (Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080) and one to my intel graphics card on my motherboard.

Where can I swap one of them monitors connected to my graphics card with the one connected to the processor ?

Thank you in advance for any help :)

Well I had some weird flickering and stability issues, and since one of the monitors is used exclusively for text, and very non-demanding work, I thought it's better this way

If you have an available port on the integrated adapter, why not go ahead and try it?
My guess is that flickering is a monitor problem.
If the monitor is an old analog type, you need to set the refresh rate to 85hz to avoid the perception of flickering.

themiziko

Reputable
Sep 19, 2017
If you have an available port on the integrated adapter, why not go ahead and try it?
My guess is that flickering is a monitor problem.
If the monitor is an old analog type, you need to set the refresh rate to 85hz to avoid the perception of flickering.
Unfortunately two of the monitors are 27 inch, one of them 144hz, second one 60hz and one 4k monitor. They are brand new, but for some reason they are flickering, so I plugged one of the 27 inch monitors + 4k 44' tv to my graphics card, and keep one of the monitors on my motherboard.

But I see it's not in BIOS settings and I tried to plug it it instead of my monitor that is currently on my motherboard, but without any results.

What is the make/model of your GTX1080?
The output adapters may differ.

What is the make/model of your motherboard and monitors?

Specifics would be helpful.
Which monitor is primary and used for gaming?

Does the flickering monitor get fixed if you move it to a different adapter?

themiziko

Reputable
Sep 19, 2017
What is the make/model of your GTX1080?
The output adapters may differ.

What is the make/model of your motherboard and monitors?

Specifics would be helpful.
Which monitor is primary and used for gaming?

Does the flickering monitor get fixed if you move it to a different adapter?

This are my benchmarks with info about my graphics card and motherboard

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/8151497

First one is ASUS MG279 (my current main monitor)
2nd monitor is iiyama pl279q
And the last one is Sony ultra LG, unfortunately I can't find the specific model.

Asus and sony are plugged to my graphics card, iiyama to my motherboard.

When I do anything on my 2nd or 3rd monitor all of the flicker, but only when all of them are plugged to my graphics card

Last edited:

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
This are my benchmarks with info about my graphics card and motherboard

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/8151497

First one is ASUS MG279 (my current main monitor)
2nd monitor is iiyama pl279q
And the last one is Sony ultra LG, unfortunately I can't find the specific model.

Asus and sony are plugged to my graphics card, iiyama to my motherboard.

When I do anything on my 2nd or 3rd monitor all of the flicker, but only when all of them are plugged to my graphics card
My recommendation for this would be to first check for driver updates for your graphics card, as having 3 monitors should not cause any of them to flicker when connected to a GTX 1080. Either try updating through Geforce experience or at this link https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us