Question Connecting Subwoofer to PC

Dec 17, 2019
I recently bought this Subwoofer
https://www.amazon.com/JBL-Stage-A120P-Powered-Subwoofer/dp/B07H9JCQWL
Trying to connect it to my PC. I have a Sound Blaster Z sound card but also doesnt matter to me if I can use the Motherboard onboard audio. I bought a Mini 3.5mm to dual RCA to make the connection. It only seems to work when I plug it into the jack that my headset goes into. But then I won't have any sound besides bass. I also have a sound bar in the Optical port. I can't seem to get both to run both at the same time. Is there any additional equipment or configuration needed? Thanks

connect your sub with rca to 3.5mm to your soundcard (plug number 3, which is close to optical ports)
open sound blaster pro studio
click on speaker configuration
speakers set to 5.1 surround
click on big red square to test if your subwoofer outputs sound
if it doesnt, try 2nd RCA which u have on that cable
and try red square again
under optinal speaker uncheck any speakers u dont have connected (center/rear)
click on advanced features
here check play stereo mix to digital output
in windows audio settings set your soundblaster z speakers as default playback speakers (not digital ouput/spdif)
try open some music, u should be able to hear it on both sub and soundbar

just a side note..your soundcard supports front panel hd audio, so u can disconnect your front panel hd audio connector from mainboard and plug it to your soundcard, that way u can use fron panel for headphones/mic

Dec 17, 2019
Thank you Kerberos_20 I did try those things but for some reason I just couldnt get both of them to work at the same time so I solved my problem by buying a 3.5mm splitter, plugged both my head set and sub into and now they both work.