connecting three storage devices to one connecting wire.

Malik 722

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
hello.i have two ssd and one hard drive and i was thinking to connect them with one connecting wire.my power supply is ax 1200i. so i want to know would it be okay if i connect all three with one connecting wire,is there any possibility of short circuit or low voltage.thanks

Malik 722

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
okay. and if hard drive suddenly shuts downs or stop responding it's not because of this setup.mine just did that after the use of two hours.could it happen because of some virus or the drive is failing.

Malik 722

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
cable is fine actually at the time of failure the ssd's were running ok, for a moment the screen freezed and than i got this message from Intel rapid storage technology that a unidentified drive has been removed and when i checked in my computer folder the hard disk was gone.after a reboot i could hear the drive starting and than constant screeching sound.right now it's running OK but is it the sign that it's failing and i should backup my data before it fails completely.

Malik 722

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
you are right sir because it just did that again,it seems that i really need a new drive ,very bad timing. well sir thanks for your time you really helped a lot i really appreciate it.