Jul 26, 2021
I am trying to connect my laptop to dual monitors so that I can work more efficiently. Setup as follows:

Lenovo 300e 2nd Gen Notebook Type 81M9 running Windows 10 Pro 64
Lenovo ThinkPad USB-C Dock Gen2
HP ProDisplay P232 x2

The Dock is working, bios fully updated etc. and is charging the laptop via USB-C connection. The Ethernet cable connected to the Dock is also supplying a wired internet connection.

The problem is that I cannot seem to get the display to show up on the external monitors. I have tried to extend, duplicate, change resolution etc. but in display settings the monitors cannot even be detected.

Monitors are connected to the dock via DP cable.

I have been in touch with Lenovo and been through the usual troubleshooting to no avail. Lenovo are unable to confirm whether the laptop is compatible with the dock or not.

I wondered whether anybody has experienced anything similar or whether there is anything else that anybody can recommend that I try?

Thanks

Jul 26, 2021
Indeed I did. I think that I may have got to the bottom of the issue…the specs are USB-C (AC power) only when the laptop that I need should state something along the lines of USB-C 3.1 Gen 1 (power delivery + display port)