Question Connecting to Internet Through CNet Powerswitch CNSH-2400???

HardwareExtreme

Honorable
Jan 5, 2016
Hello everyone, I have this old switch that I would like to use on my network for older systems that only need 10/100 running to them. However, when I use this switch I get no internet connection. I have it plugged into a router, and from that router I do get internet connection, however when I plug into this switch I get nothing. I'm not sure if there is an uplink port or what, but it seems like port 24 is some sort of uplink port, and also has a crossover port (I think?) I have tried plugging into different ports, tried changing the dhcp on my router to a 255.255.0.0 submask, tried disabling dhcp and using static addresses, tried static addresses on the pc I'm using to test the switch, and I'm getting nothing. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

The wierd thing is that I can't even ping my router through the switch, and no matter what ports I try windows just says the nework is unidentified.

HardwareExtreme

Honorable
Jan 5, 2016
The issue is that I have no clue where to get this "vega" software and I have no clue what the ip is of the switch. Also, the W model of the switch is different from mine.

Just tried running tracert to my router, and a couple times it is able to find a route to it, but most of the time it just times out.

Last edited: