Connecting to the internet via wireless adaptor

Bcopley

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014
Problems connecting to internet via wireless USB adaptor. Running windows xp. When I look at available wireless connections it says I'm connected and shows four bars of signal strength, but when I click on internet explorer I get this message:
Error Signature:
AppName: iexplore.exe. AppVer: 7.0.6000.16574. ModName: unknown
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Solution
I would suggest you try Firefox. Chrome collects a lot of data, in fact it is about to be disallowed at work for that very reason. One of the first things you should do, if you have not already, is install decent anti-virus software. AVG has a good free version, as does Avast, although the latter in particular will bug you with popups to try to get you to buy a paid version.
I would suggest you try Firefox. Chrome collects a lot of data, in fact it is about to be disallowed at work for that very reason. One of the first things you should do, if you have not already, is install decent anti-virus software. AVG has a good free version, as does Avast, although the latter in particular will bug you with popups to try to get you to buy a paid version.

Solution

Bcopley

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014

I tried that and it's still not working. Can you tell me how to change to Firefox? I feel silly asking, but I just don't know.....thank you so much.