connecting to unwanted wireless

I keep picking up a wireless signal I do not want, is there a way for me to
block it somy laptop does not try to connect to it?

"greatbigjay" wrote in message > I keep picking up a wireless signal
I do not want, is there a way for me to
> block it somy laptop does not try to connect to it?

You can set up your network as the preferred network, and deselect
connect to any network
This is done in the wireless config of XP.........If you are not using
XP wzc for configuration
then check the wireless config utility you use and see if it will
allow to set up your SSID as the preferred.