connecting tower to lcd tv monitor

AdriGwyn

Reputable
Sep 20, 2014
I'm getting no signal after connecting hdmi cable to tower and tv... it's a 2009 samsung lcd tv monitor that i'm trying to use as a computer monitor...it should work, right?

NBSN

Admirable
Yes, as long as it has the appropriate connections like you already said, it will work. First off, are you trying to connect the HDMI into the motherboard or GPU HDMI port? And have you tried a different HDMI cable? And make sure the tv is set to the correct input.

AdriGwyn

Reputable
Sep 20, 2014
Thank you for your reply... I'm connecting the hdmi into the motherboard & the tv is set to hdmi dvi1... I also tried a different hdmi cable... still get "No signal".

NBSN

Admirable
Well, if you already tried the cables, ports, etc...then it really seems to be a pc issue. So, I would say try the GPU in a different computer if possible. Or maybe in a different motherboard slot if you have other slots. If you still can't get it to work, then the gpu may need to be replaced...can't really say for sure.

AdriGwyn

Reputable
Sep 20, 2014
Intel Core i5 4690K (3.50GHz)
8GB DDR3 1TB HDD 120GB SSD
Windows 8.1 64-Bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 2 GB
ASRock Motherboard Z97 Anniversary Edition -1 HDMI, 6 SATA3, 6 USB 3.0 (2 Front, 4 Rear), 6 USB 2.0 (4 Front, 2 Rear)

TRENDING THREADS