connecting tv earphone out to stereo sys aux input

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapir80

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016
hallo
I want to connect my tv (jvc 32n350) earphone out, 3.5 mm to aux input 3.5 mm of panasonic stereo sys (quite old SA AK 350). should i use a four wire cord (4 contact jack) on both sides, or three wires cord (three contacts jack) on both sides, or may be 4 contacts one side to 3 contact the other side?
can you help?
thanks, Sapir

Solution
You need a 3 contact 3.5mm stereo plug at each end.
If you have the TV volume too high you will overload the input of the stereo and hear distortion regardless of how low you adjust the volume on the stereo.
If you have the TV volume too low you may get hiss when you raise the stereo volume to the level you want it to play.
Set the volume of the stereo to where you play it with other sources and bring the TV volume up until it is where you want the volume to be. This way when you switch sources on the stereo you won't have to constantly change the volume.
You need a 3 contact 3.5mm stereo plug at each end.
If you have the TV volume too high you will overload the input of the stereo and hear distortion regardless of how low you adjust the volume on the stereo.
If you have the TV volume too low you may get hiss when you raise the stereo volume to the level you want it to play.
Set the volume of the stereo to where you play it with other sources and bring the TV volume up until it is where you want the volume to be. This way when you switch sources on the stereo you won't have to constantly change the volume.

Solution

sapir80

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016

thank you very much for your very detailed answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.