[SOLVED] Connecting two routers using an ethernet cable.

Aug 4, 2019
I have a tp-link and Asus rt-ac66u router. The tp-link is directly connected to the modem from my ISP. I'm trying to connect the two routers with an ethernet cable but when I put the Asus router in access point mode it kills the internet even on the tp-link router. What is going on and how do I connect these two routers using an ethernet cable?

Solution
1.Connect from LAN TO LAN. Connect the ethernet from the Lan side of 1st router to the Lan side of the second router (Lans with same number eg: Lan 3 to Lan 3)

2.Disable DHCP from your 2nd router. Log into your Asus router from it's IP address and put username and password (often username and pass is both admin)

3.The first two steps should fix it. But channels also can be changed from router's configuration.
Aug 4, 2019
Aug 3, 2019
1.Connect from LAN TO LAN. Connect the ethernet from the Lan side of 1st router to the Lan side of the second router (Lans with same number eg: Lan 3 to Lan 3)

2.Disable DHCP from your 2nd router. Log into your Asus router from it's IP address and put username and password (often username and pass is both admin)

3.The first two steps should fix it. But channels also can be changed from router's configuration.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS