Connecting two separate servers thru modem

I'm trying to connect to a remote server named 'Remote1', using my modem on
my own server.

I have successfully connected thru my modem, thru dial-up and now i can read
the remote server. My goal is to make a replication of my server's SQL 7.0
with an instance of SQL 2000 to the remote servers SQL 2000. I'm trying to
use transactional replication but the remote server cannot access.

Can you guys help me setup the trust of both servers and establish my
replication.

Richard Parco wrote:
> I'm trying to connect to a remote server named 'Remote1', using my modem on
> my own server.
>
> I have successfully connected thru my modem, thru dial-up and now i can read
> the remote server. My goal is to make a replication of my server's SQL 7.0
> with an instance of SQL 2000 to the remote servers SQL 2000. I'm trying to
> use transactional replication but the remote server cannot access.
>
> Can you guys help me setup the trust of both servers and establish my
> replication.

Hi,

In your dial-up connection make sure you configure it to use a DNS
server on the remote end or create a host file entry for the remote server.

hth,

Chad