Connecting VGA monitor to HDMI/Displayport/DVI-D GPU

Azzyasi

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
Hello. I have some old monitor that only have VGA, on my old graphics card (HD5770) it worked fine in dual monitor setup with one HDMI and the other VGA (with ordinary DVI-VGA adapter since the dvi had analog)

Now i have another graphics card, sapphire pulse rx570 and does not have any analog output. Only DVI-D, hdmi, and displayport.

How to connect the other monitor? Do general hdmi-VGA convertors work? how well?

Can I put another graphics card only for the video ports? (I have an old quadro NVS300 with dms-59 cable with enough analog outputs, as well still have the hd5770, but i'm not sure the VX550W corsair PSU holds up with an oc'ed cpu that is rated 135W without oc, atm holds fine at full load) - i have spare PCIe x16 on the MB so no biggie, i don't have video onboard.

I'm planning to go quad monitor setup, 2 of them are hdmi, 2 are VGA. How to solve this? or at least one VGA monitor.

So to make it in a straight question,
Can I add another graphics card just for the output ports and still use the main card for main graphical computing?

Thank you!

Yes, they work fine.

Yes, you can. But you probably will have to dial down overclock or get a better PSU for running RX570+HD5770 on your pc.

I'd go with adapters. There are Display Port to VGA adapters also.
Your graphics card has 2 HDMI outputs and 2 Display Port outputs.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/DisplayPor...ons&keywords=displayport+to+vga+adapter&psc=1

Yes, you can. Just make sure your PSU can handle the load.

Azzyasi

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
I've dusted off from the drawer that old Quadro NVS300 that runs on max 17.5W passive cooled and the DMS-59 supports two VGA displays. ATM works fine, i hope nothing is wonky about having AMD drivers and nvidia quadro drivers on same system.
Quad display set up went fine. One 24" HDMI main display, one HDMI 55" TV for movies and stuff, and two 22" VGA displays left and right from the quadro card.
I gave it the 4x slot, since i already had the other x16 slot occupied by SAS controller (i believe it only runs on 4x anyway but was too lazy to switch cables and ports)
Already had the card laying around, and the appropriate dms-59-two VGA ports cable. So gave it a go and it appears to be working.

Anything i should setup to make sure all software will use the AMD Rx570 and not the old crusty nvs300 ?