[SOLVED] Connecting Wireless router to PC via LAN

Mar 22, 2020
Hello, I have constant packet losses and other network related problems, that affect my gaming experience. I believe the problem lies in fact that I'm connected to Internet wirelessly via Wi-Fi router. My question is, if I connect my PC to router's LAN port, will it prevent Wi-Fi related problems and will I be able to use the wireless function at the same time? E.g. I play a game while my PC is connected with cable to router, and at the same time I can connect my phone to Wi-Fi.

Any help will be appreciated.

Solution
Hello, I have constant packet losses and other network related problems, that affect my gaming experience. I believe the problem lies in fact that I'm connected to Internet wirelessly via Wi-Fi router. My question is, if I connect my PC to router's LAN port, will it prevent Wi-Fi related problems and will I be able to use the wireless function at the same time? E.g. I play a game while my PC is connected with cable to router, and at the same time I can connect my phone to Wi-Fi.

Yes you can do what you want. Having devices connected to the LAN ports on a router don't inhibit the WIFI. All your connections still share the same WAN bandwidth, so if you have a low bandwidth ISP connection, your...

kanewolf

Titan

Yes you can do what you want. Having devices connected to the LAN ports on a router don't inhibit the WIFI. All your connections still share the same WAN bandwidth, so if you have a low bandwidth ISP connection, your multiple devices will still impact each other.

Solution
Mar 22, 2020
Yes you can do what you want. Having devices connected to the LAN ports on a router don't inhibit the WIFI. All your connections still share the same WAN bandwidth, so if you have a low bandwidth ISP connection, your multiple devices will still impact each other.
Connected it, everything works perfectly! Thanks! Wondering why I didn't try it earlier:D