[SOLVED] Connection crashes every few seconds.

Jun 5, 2020
For the past few months, my connection has been crashing a lot. It crashes like 6 times in less than 20 minutes, and then it’s fine for about two hours. After that, the cycle repeats itself. What I find weird about this is that the crashes only happen when my computer is connected to the internet via an ethernet cable.

I have realised this because for the past month, my PC was broken and I decided to plug my ethernet cable in my xbox. For the whole month, it didn’t crash once. Today, I finally repaired my PC and about 20 mins into my very first game, the connection crashed. These aren’t DDOS attacks because it happens on a daily basis. Could the problem be related to my PC? Or is it related to the modem ( Bell HH3000 )?

Solution
Does the Bell have any lights on it? When it crashes, do the lights look different? Does the connection come back on it's own or require a modem reboot? Have you run a full virus scan on your computer? Have you called your ISP for them to diagnose? Have you swapped out the network cable to your PC?

It could be an issue with your modem/router that only manifests itself when a certain load is placed on it. Usually, ISPs will replace a modem/router if you've called them on it before. I would start there.
Jun 5, 2020
If it's your xbox crashing when on wireless, but not crashing when it's plugged in via ethernet, then it would seem that your xbox is loosing wireless signal or the signal is not good enough.
No, the connection doesn’t crash when I’m on my xbox. It only crashes when my PC is being used to play video games and connected via ethernet.

Jun 5, 2020
Is it just the game crashing and not Windows? When does it not crash? Just when it's not online?
When my connection crashes it crashes the whole wifi. Every device connected to the intertet in my house loses the connection. I don’t really know what you mean by windows or the game crashing. The crashes only occur when I’m playing video games on my PC, while that computer is connected to the internet via ethernet.

Does the Bell have any lights on it? When it crashes, do the lights look different? Does the connection come back on it's own or require a modem reboot? Have you run a full virus scan on your computer? Have you called your ISP for them to diagnose? Have you swapped out the network cable to your PC?

It could be an issue with your modem/router that only manifests itself when a certain load is placed on it. Usually, ISPs will replace a modem/router if you've called them on it before. I would start there.

Solution