Question Connection crashes for a few seconds multiple times an hour.

tristandubois2002

Prominent
Nov 19, 2018
I have a Bell HH300, and recently, my connection has been getting interrupted for a few seconds (sometimes a few minutes) then it comes back to normal. I noticed that this was happening on every device in my house. I have a PC that's connected through ethernet but it happens even on that PC. I've also noticed that when I'm alone in my house the connection never goes down. As soon as someone walks in with some sort of device or is straight-up using a device that's connecting to the wifi, it starts crashing. I tried restarting my HH300 so many times, but that didn't seem to help as it was only delaying the crashes from happening. I have tried resetting my computer twice just to see if I could have a virus, but that didn't work. If I'm just browsing the internet on my computer it works perfectly fine, but as soon as I start playing an online game the crashes start happening. Could be it faulty hardware or is it a modem problem ? Thanks in advance !

Ralston18

Titan
Possible IP address conflict.

What make and model modem do you have?

How are modem and router connected?

Should be similar to the following line diagram:

IPS ---> Modem ---Ethernet --->[WAN]HH300 Router[LAN] --Ethernet--->PC and ~~~ wireless~~~> wireless devices.

Who has full admin rights to your Bell HH300 router? You will need help from that person.

tristandubois2002

Prominent
Nov 19, 2018
Possible IP address conflict.

What make and model modem do you have?

How are modem and router connected?

Should be similar to the following line diagram:

IPS ---> Modem ---Ethernet --->[WAN]HH300 Router[LAN] --Ethernet--->PC and ~~~ wireless~~~> wireless devices.

Who has full admin rights to your Bell HH300 router? You will need help from that person.

As you can clearly see I’m quite a newbie when it comes to this, but if I’m correct, the Bell HH3000 acts as a modem and a router. So I don’t really know how they would be connected since it’s a combination of the two.

Ralston18

Titan
Combo device. Not an issue per se.

My first thought was that you had two routers connected. That can be and is done but the usual configuration is to disable the router functions on the combo device - that being your Bell HH3000.

So to correct my original line diagram your connections are:

IPS (Bell Canada?) --- DSL---->]HH300 Router[LAN] --Ethernet--->PC and ~~~ wireless~~~> wireless devices.

Does the following link show your modem/router?

https://help.ncf.ca/Bell_Home_Hub_3000_Configuration

Are you able to run and post the results of "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt on your PC?

Again, who has full admin rights to the router?

You need access to the admin screens to check the router's configuration settings.

tristandubois2002

Prominent
Nov 19, 2018
Combo device. Not an issue per se.

My first thought was that you had two routers connected. That can be and is done but the usual configuration is to disable the router functions on the combo device - that being your Bell HH3000.

So to correct my original line diagram your connections are:

IPS (Bell Canada?) --- DSL---->]HH300 Router[LAN] --Ethernet--->PC and ~~~ wireless~~~> wireless devices.

Does the following link show your modem/router?

https://help.ncf.ca/Bell_Home_Hub_3000_Configuration

Are you able to run and post the results of "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt on your PC?

Again, who has full admin rights to the router?

You need access to the admin screens to check the router's configuration settings.

Yes! The link does show my Bell HH3000. These are the results to "ipconfig/all"

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DESKTOP-UI65QG2
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : home

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : home
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) I211 Gigabit Network Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 0C-9D-92-83-33-39
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::113:ab63:fb16:7570%9(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.23(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 12:33:36 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Friday, March 27, 2020 1:04:33 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 101490066
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-25-A9-9A-A8-0C-9D-92-83-33-39
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

My dad has the access to the admin screens but he's not home yet. When he comes back what should I show you in those settings ?

Ralston18

Titan
The results of "ipconfig /all" appear normal. DHCP Server IP address matches the router's default.

At this time there is nothing that I need to see.

Show and/or explain to your Dad what is happening.

He should be able to log into the Bell HH3000 Admin screens and the Advanced Tools and Settings in particular.

Check the overall configuration, check the System Logs and run the diagnostics.

How many devices on your network and are any devices using a static IP address?

Duplicate IP address perhaps.