Connection dropping regularly (wireless network adapter problem)

Apr 1, 2018
Recently my desktop (A dell XPS 8100) has been having some very irritating problems regarding its ability to connect to the internet. I did a complete reset on the computer a couple months ago, but now it's having some serious trouble maintaining a solid connection. I play a lot of League and Overwatch, and every so often I'll get some severe rubberbanding and the connection will drop.

I've been looking around for solutions and there are a couple that work (occasionally.)

1.) Restarting the computer.
2.) Uninstalling "Dell Wireless 1703 802.11 b|g|n (2.4GHz)" in Device Manager, and then using the "Search for Hardware Changes" to reinstall it
3.) Running the built-in Network Diagnostics, which usually ends up in it "Resetting your wireless network adapter."
4.) Disconnecting and reconnecting to the wifi.

For example:
Today I was trying to install World of Warcraft back onto my computer after deleting it a while ago, and the problem showed up again. The connection drops and the download starts acting funny; I pause it, close the launcher, dc/rc to the wifi, and start again. Works very slowly for a little and then drops again. I uninstall the network adapter (I'm assuming that's what solution 2 is) and try again. This time I get about 1600% download speed compared to what I had before (500 kb/s to 8 mb/s.) I go to check something on Chrome; as soon as I load it up, the connection drops. I close the launcher and dc/rc to the wifi. It doesn't work, I restart the computer, and the process repeats itself.

I am not the most network-savvy person on the planet, but I've narrowed this down to a problem with the network adapter. Happy to upload whatever logs/settings are required but I may need some help finding them.

Thanks.