[SOLVED] Connection issue router

Ann Welsh

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
I have a Linksys E1200 and I am having to do a cold boot (unplug it and replug it in the reset button does not work) to it about every week. I will have internet(wireless) on my device and then one of them will claim that it is not getting signal (connecting, saved, secerd over and over again) I will have signal on the other device (never the same device each time). I cannot look at the settings for the router even when though I still have internet when connected though I can still search the web. I have already updated the firmware. I was wondering what I could do to fix this issue.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
As suggested to you in discord:

1. Reset all settings back to stock, follow the basic setup procedures, do not limit your IP addresses or anything else, let the router's DHCP do the work

2. Ensure the Router's IP address is not within your DHCP range

3. If its still doing this, check the router's settings to ensure the router is releasing assigned IP addresses.

4. You may not get an answer from someone who has used this router here before, it is worth contacting Linksys tech support. There is a possibility that the router has an unfixable issue, and will need to be warrantied or replaced.

Ann Welsh

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
Had it too long for them to help

Ann Welsh

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013

Last part says "I have already updated the firmware. I was wondering what I could do to fix this issue."

Ann Welsh

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013

Ann Welsh

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013

Not everyone can just go buy a new router aftyer less then having a router less then a year

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

When you say something like "too old" after you tell me you contacted linksys and they never contact you back, then you get the assumption that the router is beyond warranty.

As Gamer pointed out the router is still under warranty, clearly you have an issue that can be solved by the warranty.

As for me, I have been helping you since you first asked this question on discord and you have done nothing but ignore me and treat me with disrespect by not even giving me the courtesy of providing me with the complete story or answering my questions.

So, I'm done with you and this thread, call linksys, good luck.

Ann Welsh

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013

Fine be done with me. I am done with rude people that think they know it all even after someone has told them some MANY times