Question connection issues universally when using desktop via ethernet?

Lineland

Reputable
Jan 4, 2017
For quite a while now (since maybe around Christmas, I live in Tennessee which was around the time the rv explosion near my ISP-AT&T-happened, once my net was back this began happening), I've had an issue where my desktop that is connected to the router via powerline adapters just cannot stay connected and will constantly disconnect and reconnect or give me unbearably slow speeds (Kbps). I assume the disconnects are universal as when it happens on my desktop it happens to all of them, getting errors such as "Your connection is not private," "No internet," or the "gateway authentication failure" message from my ISP. I've also checked our ISP site and whenever the connecrion drops, our direct connection to AT&T does as well, so maybe it is on their end? I honestly don't know.

I searched into it and assumed that maybe it was something like a botnet or spyware but I can't even download anti-spyware or anything (sometimes i would get lucky and be able to download a small few megabyte song or two within 10 minutes but that was it) for that matter to begin with as the connection will drop and fail the download.
Hopefully that was a descriptive enough explanation, any other questions I am happy to answer, also specs:

Router: Pace 5268AC
Powerline Adapters: can not remember and cant find them online but they are similar to the tplink av2000 except a single gigabit port and 1000Mbps

Specs: Gigabyte A520 S2H
Ryzen 7 3700x
Corsair Vengeance @3600Mhz (16gb)
GTX 1060 AMP! Edition

cpu is also relatively new as well, installed around christmas time with no issues prior to the attack

Jan 10, 2021
Thanks for your replies fellas, since posting there have been a few developments. I have checked the download speed directly from the telephone socket where it enters the house so as to eliminate any wiring issues in the house. The download speed at the socket is reading the same low speeds so the problem must be exterior to the house ( I would presume ).I have spoken to my ISP provider Talk Talk and at first they wanted to charge me for an engineer to call when I said I would not pay and would be going to another ISP to see if they could get me a good signal strength they backed down and said they would not charge. The engineer is booked for 18th January so I will wait and see what results are. Thanks for all you comments.

USAFRet

Titan
Thanks for your replies fellas, since posting there have been a few developments. I have checked the download speed directly from the telephone socket where it enters the house so as to eliminate any wiring issues in the house. The download speed at the socket is reading the same low speeds so the problem must be exterior to the house ( I would presume ).I have spoken to my ISP provider Talk Talk and at first they wanted to charge me for an engineer to call when I said I would not pay and would be going to another ISP to see if they could get me a good signal strength they backed down and said they would not charge. The engineer is booked for 18th January so I will wait and see what results are. Thanks for all you comments.
I think you put this in the wrong thread.

This one, perhaps?

Jan 10, 2021
I think you put this in the wrong thread.

This one, perhaps?
Yes sorry not yet used to this forum, to be honest I thought I had only posted one item.