[SOLVED] Connection Issues while playing WoW

Aug 8, 2019
This problem only occures when I am playing World of Warcraft: Everything works just fine most of the time when not many players are around, but as soon as I am in a capital city where a lot of players are the Lag occures more frequently. I have already reached out to the GMs and they classified my problem as a Rubberbanding-Lag - because everything is running in place(expect my character can move but cant interact with anything) for 1-2 minutes and then everything that happend in the duration of the lag happens in 1 second(like a rubberband) and then the game works just fine for 10-15 minutes until the same thing happens, and thats an endless loop.

My router is a Linksys WRT3200acm
I have also reached out to my ISP and they told me that the problem must lie inside the house - so its not their fault and also not Blizzards fault

I am having this problem for more than 6 Months now, the game is unplayable so if someone has any sort of idea what i can do i am very grateful

Ty

Solution
You need to reboot the modem everytime you change the device directly plugged into it. Cable modem lock to the first mac address they see.

Since other application are not affected it is highly unlikely it is a actual network problem. Normally I would say leave pings run to say 8.8.8.8 in the background but discord tends to be very sensitive to delays and loss so you would see issues on that at the same time.

Wow uses central servers so you do not need to port forward anything. Port forwarding is only used when the server function is in your house or on certain console games that run peer to peer.

My guess would be it is a video setting or a video driver setting. Hard to say when it is a code problem in games. If you have...
Aug 8, 2019
+i dont get a disconnect anywhere else, discord stays online, chrome works just fine etc

+ i have already portforwarded Wow ports and then checked it on a portchecker webside and the webside says: Timed out

You need to reboot the modem everytime you change the device directly plugged into it. Cable modem lock to the first mac address they see.

Since other application are not affected it is highly unlikely it is a actual network problem. Normally I would say leave pings run to say 8.8.8.8 in the background but discord tends to be very sensitive to delays and loss so you would see issues on that at the same time.

Wow uses central servers so you do not need to port forward anything. Port forwarding is only used when the server function is in your house or on certain console games that run peer to peer.

My guess would be it is a video setting or a video driver setting. Hard to say when it is a code problem in games. If you have any kind of "gamer" network programs running you want to uninstall that if you can.

Solution
Aug 8, 2019
Ty for your reply, but I also had the same issues when I was playing on my laptop via Wifi and without any ‚gamer‘ programs.
When i switched to my mobile phones Hotspot everything worked fine... thats why I think there is a wrong setting or something...