[SOLVED] Connection m2fan header to front case fans in rog strix e x570

Jan 14, 2020
Hi I have a problem

I have to connect 6 nights cromax 140 in order to create three adjustable cooling zones:
two fans on the roof of the case one on the back and 3 on the front and connect them like this:
The 3 front fans connected to the HUB Present in the phanteks p600s case, and from this to an M2 FAN connection of the asus rog strix x570 motherboard.
The 2 fans on the roof of the case to the CHA FAN port on the motherboard and the fan on the back to the second CHA FAN port available (the card has only 2 CHA FAN) to obtain the 3 adjustable zones with independent curve.
but the question is:
I can choose the reobus that I want in the M2fan fan contact so that I know how to choose the most suitable for the front fan I don't want to connect the front and the roof together with the HUB this I would like to avoid it because it forces me to adjust the front input and output flows top of the air together while with 3 adjustment zones I could do it separately.
Some people tell me that the Fan M2 contact is specific to a thermal sensor under the M2 is there who has the ROG card and can help me?

Last edited:
Solution
Looking over the specs of that motherboard, I would say "Yes, you can control those fan separately as you described". It seems each of our the fan headers can be given a custom RPM ramp in BIOS. Each fan header can take a 1 amp load (I try not to exceed 0.8 amps) and your Noctua NF A14 fans each draw 0.13 amps. You can verify this by looking at the sticker on the back of the fan motor. So 3 fans per header is no problem (3 x 0.13 = 0.39 which is less than 0.8). The use of the Phanteks fan hub would be optional.

To connect 3 fans to one header, you would need need a splitter ... like this.
Looking over the specs of that motherboard, I would say "Yes, you can control those fan separately as you described". It seems each of our the fan headers can be given a custom RPM ramp in BIOS. Each fan header can take a 1 amp load (I try not to exceed 0.8 amps) and your Noctua NF A14 fans each draw 0.13 amps. You can verify this by looking at the sticker on the back of the fan motor. So 3 fans per header is no problem (3 x 0.13 = 0.39 which is less than 0.8). The use of the Phanteks fan hub would be optional.

Solution
Jan 14, 2020

then I think I don't need a splitter if I connect the fans on the rear by myself to a chassis fan port and 3 fans to the fan hub of the case p600 cil which then in turn connects to the second chassis fan2 port ..
the problem arises for the fans on the roof and the front depending on the case that I should connect one group to the remaining door the fan m2 which seems specific for m2 and I should know that sensors of the motherboard guide it and the other group to the second fan door chassis do you understand?
otherwise I am obliged to connect 2 fans of the roof and 3 fans of the front to the fan hub creating only 2 fronts of ventilation but one front composed of roof and front in intake intake and the other in extraction with the rear fan.

@roberto12
From what I have seen, the M.2 fan header is a standard fan header. I don't know which thermal sensor is used to control the RPM ramp.

I understand you have a concern about connecting the roof and front fans all the fan hub, but I'm not sure what the concern is. On my last build I did 3 fronts blowing in and 3 roof blowing out and it worked nicely (I didn't use a rear fan).