[SOLVED] Connection of Corsair RMx750x to Mainboard

hiu

Dec 23, 2021
I have the Corsair RM750x. It comes with
The cable for the connection to the Motherboard has an 18Pin-ATX + 10Pin ATX on the PSU side (labeled with type 4) and a 24Pin ATX on the Mainboard side.
However, my mainboard only has a 10Pin ATX and there seems to be no other fitting cable in the set of the Corsair RM 750x.
Is there still a way to connect the two parts, or do I need a different PSU?
I am not sure which Motherboard I have. It is a Lenovo Thinkstation P340 with an Intel Core i9-10900K.

Solution
However, my mainboard only has a 10Pin ATX and there seems to be no other fitting cable in the set of the Corsair RM 750x.
Your board has proprietary power connector.

You either have to use original Lenovo PSU or
get a specific adapter to convert standard atx connector to Lenovo proprietary 10 pin.

PSU-ATX-24Pin-Female-to-10Pin-Male-Adapter-Convert-Power-Supply-Cable-Cord-30cm-for-Lenovo.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp
Your board has proprietary power connector.

You either have to use original Lenovo PSU or
get a specific adapter to convert standard atx connector to Lenovo proprietary 10 pin.

PSU-ATX-24Pin-Female-to-10Pin-Male-Adapter-Convert-Power-Supply-Cable-Cord-30cm-for-Lenovo.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

Solution

hiu

Dec 23, 2021
ok, I'll try one of those adapters. Thank you.
@sid: yes, it does not fit but I got a the P340 and a RTX3080 without chance to exchange one of the two and need to make it work somehow. No PSU I found fit into the case, so I'll see if I at least can get it running.

TRENDING THREADS