[SOLVED] Connection problem, I really need help. Unsolved

sam10

Honorable
Feb 14, 2015
Hello, I am not even sure this is the right place to share my issue, but at this point I am in total despair. I upgraded my connection to Fiber up from VDSL (50 Mbps -> 100 Mbps) and it looks healthy except, its not. Every 30-45 minutes (sometimes less, sometimes more frequently) my connection suffers from a huge packet loss and it drops for some seconds. Running a CMD looks like this. Sad thing is, my provider service (the most known and trusted provider in Greece) can't find an issue. I've talked to the customer support and they didn't know that CMD is. They even told me not to run this "program" (referring to cmd) 'cause it might be the one causing the problem. The outcome was to change my router and of course the problem persists. I am not an expert, this is not my job at all. All I know is some basic stuff. I really need some help.

Solution
Hello, I am not even sure this is the right place to share my issue, but at this point I am in total despair. I upgraded my connection to Fiber up from VDSL (50 Mbps -> 100 Mbps) and it looks healthy except, its not. Every 30-45 minutes (sometimes less, sometimes more frequently) my connection suffers from a huge packet loss and it drops for some seconds. Running a CMD looks like this. Sad thing is, my provider service (the most known and trusted provider in Greece) can't find an issue. I've talked to the customer support and they didn't know that CMD is. They even told me not to run this "program" (referring to cmd) 'cause it might be the one causing the problem. The outcome was to change my router and of course the...

kanewolf

Titan
Hello, I am not even sure this is the right place to share my issue, but at this point I am in total despair. I upgraded my connection to Fiber up from VDSL (50 Mbps -> 100 Mbps) and it looks healthy except, its not. Every 30-45 minutes (sometimes less, sometimes more frequently) my connection suffers from a huge packet loss and it drops for some seconds. Running a CMD looks like this. Sad thing is, my provider service (the most known and trusted provider in Greece) can't find an issue. I've talked to the customer support and they didn't know that CMD is. They even told me not to run this "program" (referring to cmd) 'cause it might be the one causing the problem. The outcome was to change my router and of course the problem persists. I am not an expert, this is not my job at all. All I know is some basic stuff. I really need some help.
You also need to ping your router. You need to verify that the problem is on the router to destination rather than internal to your network.
When you have one of these outages what does the LEDs on the router or modem look like?

AND please list all the network hardware (make and model) you have in the network.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS