Connection problem with Windows 7

KrazyJon

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014
I am having a connection problem with my newly installed Windows 7 operating system. I made sure that I had the drives required to run everything needed, everything is running smoothly, no problem, but the internet. It'll connect to the network, but the WiFi shows a yellow triangle with an explanation point, otherwise saying "no internet access." I've discovered temporary issues in the past before the fresh new install of windows 7, but now, I want a almost permenant fix to where I won't have to deal with it for a long time. If you guys could help, that would be great, tomshardware has already been a great help.

KrazyJon

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014
I've attempted the ipconfig method, no success, although for a brief second the yellow triangle vanished, but soon returned almost immediately. The IPv4 settings are set to automatic if that may help any.

Copyright-Wapow

Reputable
Mar 19, 2014
Okay. If none of my suggestions work then try right clicking the Wi-Fi signal then troubleshoot problems.

There is a small chance it would work but try it. If the result is "no problem found" then try disabling and enabling the network adapter.

KrazyJon

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014
It says here, "Troubleshooting was unable to automatically fix all of the issues found. You can find more details below."; Problems found
Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server). I tried doing what you said, after re connecting after the network adapter was enabled, the connection worked for a couple of minutes, but soon failed. The problem, unfortunately, continues to persist.