Connection problems to my port forward server happening on any other PC than my desktop

Zyperspace

Reputable
Oct 25, 2016
Hey everyone,
I've been at hosting my Minecraft port forward Bukkit server for more than a year now, and decided to move it to my spare laptop to host 24/7.

Unfortunately, a problem occurs when trying to connect it on other PCs than my desktop: You have to spam-join the server, continuously trying to connect to it, until it says "Logging in..." - This did not happen on my desktop, and the port forward works fine on both, people can still connect, but it's a hassle.

I've also tried to setup a static ip-adress on the laptop = Same connectivity problem. Firewall is not an issue. The laptop itself is not having any issues performance-wise. No overheating, updated drivers and all that. It has 8GB RAM available, 4 allocated to the server. It's 64-bit and has got plenty of storage space left. The CPU, an i7-7500u, shows no signs of slowing down when hosting, and when people actually get on the server, there's no issue whatsoever.

Despite all looking safe and sound, you have to spam and hope to join after ten to twenty retries. I've already Googled around and found no one specifically with this problem. I could've missed it, though. Hopefully, someone around here can assist me...

kanewolf

Titan
Do you have the high performance power profile selected? My guess, with a laptop, is that it moves some of the network hardware or the disk drive to power save. It takes the laptop a little while to wake up. Desktops aren't as aggressive about power saving. I think you will find something, don't know what, in the power settings.

Zyperspace

Reputable
Oct 25, 2016

The power mode was already on High Performance, though I found there were updates for the Intel internet drivers. I also made sure the connections couldn't be paused by any sort of power savings in the device manager. But after restarting and hoping for the best, the issue is still present...