Connection to samsung 61" tv problem

Confusion1

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
I'm trying to hook up my laptop Compaq to Samsung 61" 2006 model.Using VGA input, tv keeps telling me it has "no support mode".Can anyone help me? ,thanks a million? :)

cyberkuberiah

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
yes , its full hd , tv's dont have a higher resolution ... its showing no support mode because ur trying something other than 1920x1080 , which is full hd . ull also need a good wire for vga because interference problems will cause unclear picture .

do you have intel or nvidia graphics ? for nvidia go to nvidia control panel , set up multiple displays , detect display , and in dual view mode , change the resolution to 1920x1080 .

Confusion1

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009

Sorry i've been so busy to get online to reply to your post. I still got a problem because my computer doesn't have a resolution as high as 1920x1080. It does show up on 40" Sony tv has full hd. Would it make it a difference between 40 and 60 inches t.v? Do you have a wire recommendation?I use a 50 foot wire.

Confusion1

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
I have nivida video graphics
The first day I bought the T.V home. I hooked it up it works and I changed the VGA cable to a different VGA cable and it won't work. I tried all my VGA cable and it sitll won't work except the first one I tried, I couldn't find the first cable. Is there an issue with the cable?

The situation right now, is that I have the Playstation 3 hooked up to the T.V using HDMI, and when the Playstation 3 is turned on, and my computer is connected to the T.V at the same time it flickers, but when the Playstation 3 is turned off it shows "No support mode".

Is there a certain type of VGA cable?