[SOLVED] Connections

jonmal

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
I have a Virgin V6 box and a Pioneer VSX-520 AV amp (old). I'm adding a Panasonic 4K TV. Question is, will this be a reasonable way to connect them? V6 to TV by HDMI cable. TV to AV kit by Digital Optical. (Or should I use another HDMI from TV to AV amp?)
As you can tell I only do this once in a blue moon!
Thanks

Solution
You can go either way, but for HDMI would be the cable box to the amp with HDMI then to the TV with the HDMI out. You can also connect the cable box to the TV and then optical out to the receiver but you may have limited surround sound options depending on the media. You can try either way and see what you like better.
You can go either way, but for HDMI would be the cable box to the amp with HDMI then to the TV with the HDMI out. You can also connect the cable box to the TV and then optical out to the receiver but you may have limited surround sound options depending on the media. You can try either way and see what you like better.

Reactions: jonmal
Solution

jonmal

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
Thank you.
J