Connetcing the power button

CoreOxide

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
I've cleaned my PC from dust yesterday, disconnected everything and then connected everything back together. The PC is OK, just the power button won't start it.
When I press it nothing happens. I had to turn on the PC using the CMOS jumper. When I press the power button while the PC is on, the power LED shuts down, and when I release it the LED turns back on.

I have a GA-8IPE1000-G (Rev 4.x) MoBo.

Jizumonkey

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
So all the power button is doing is switching an LED on and off? Sounds like you wired the power button/reset button/hdd led/power led wires the wrong way around.

Take them of and start again.

I'm wondering how on earth you managed to boot your system using the cmos jumper!?

CoreOxide

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
So all the power button is doing is switching an LED on and off? Sounds like you wired the power button/reset button/hdd led/power led wires the wrong way around.

Take them of and start again.

I'm wondering how on earth you managed to boot your system using the cmos jumper!?

Jumper on -> PSU off -> jumper off - -> PSU on -> PC is on

mekender

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
check your wiring lol.... im sure you have something in the wrong place... also you can try to jump the board by touching the two power switch pins together...