Conquer The Old And New Worlds With Free DLC For 'Total War: Warhammer II'

Status
Not open for further replies.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
After getting the first Total Warhammer I have a better idea.
I'll wait a year, then the game will actually be complete, and also 1/2 price. (which is still the price of a full game)

"The studio wants your feedback as you participate in the war for the Great Vortex and your grand conquest in Mortal Empires in order to improve the overall gameplay experience through multiple updates and patches."

So really the games not complete and they'd like us to pay them 60 bucks to help them finish developing the game...think I will pass.

mlee 2500

Honorable
Oct 20, 2014
Couldn't agree with you more ROMEOREJECT....the value proposition at ~$50 is extraordinary. Worth many times that, especially considering how many hours of novel play the game provides, not to mention the stream of free DLC.

Waiting till the cost of the game goes down just reflects an inability to appreciate what it is and what went into it.

I will say this though: Given you will likely only play a very finite number of campaigns which can take weeks or even a month to complete, there is something to be said for waiting until the factions are all fleshed out and mature, so you can enjoy the additions improvements given you aren't likely to play the same campaign over again.

RomeoReject

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015

Do people play finite amounts? Admittedly, the first Warhammer was my first Total War, so I might be playing wrong, but I've still played probably a good half a dozen campaigns where I lost learning all the stuff. Then I started a campaign for each of the races included in the game for free (Empire, Bretonnia, Orks, Vampire Counts, Dwarves, Chaos, Norsca). Plus I ended up restarting a few of those thanks to mods. Plus a few more races that were added in thanks to mods (Mousillan, Karak Azak, bunch of humans to the south).

I think I'm up to about ~15 concurrent playthroughs. =P

mlee 2500

Honorable
Oct 20, 2014

I can't speak for others, but my style of play is rather slow and deliberative. I suppose I lost a few campaigns decades ago when I first started playing Total War (Rome I)....now I just calibrate the difficulty to where I'm unlikely to get stuck and have to go back more then a dozen saves, but it still presents a challenge. With Warhammer I estimate I can play each edition (warhammer I, Warhammer II) through about 3 or 4 campaigns using various factions before being "done" with the game, but that represents hundreds of hours of play, and if I'm going to make that sort of time investment I want the full robustness of all the factions updates.

For example, with Warhammer I, I only got to experience going up against the fully fleshed out Norsca units because I played one last campaign as Bretonnia.

Status
Not open for further replies.