[SOLVED] Cons of using an display adapter

magzzy124

Reputable
Aug 11, 2019
I specifically want to ask if there is any video degradation or any kind of a latency?
I am planning to use hdmi to vga adapter.

Sorry for the bad grammar in the title. :(

Solution
I'm sure there is... just too lazy to check for exact specs... each standard has.
Sometimes I'm working on computer of my colleagues and the screens is connected with VGA Cable (the whole company uses almost the same 24 inch IPS Dell Monitors with t he option to connect to HDMI, Display Port or VGA).
When i return to my workplace (conneceted with HDMI) I see more alive colors, sharper picture and faster response overall.

I would not recommend VGA... for Full HD and good monitors (IPS, OLED etc...), adapter or cable ,just avoid it.
There is no loss of picture or missing pixels, just overall your not receiving the full power of your monitor, the quality is different and the responsiveness in my opinion.
I'm sure there is... just too lazy to check for exact specs... each standard has.
Sometimes I'm working on computer of my colleagues and the screens is connected with VGA Cable (the whole company uses almost the same 24 inch IPS Dell Monitors with t he option to connect to HDMI, Display Port or VGA).
When i return to my workplace (conneceted with HDMI) I see more alive colors, sharper picture and faster response overall.

I would not recommend VGA... for Full HD and good monitors (IPS, OLED etc...), adapter or cable ,just avoid it.
There is no loss of picture or missing pixels, just overall your not receiving the full power of your monitor, the quality is different and the responsiveness in my opinion.

Solution

magzzy124

Reputable
Aug 11, 2019

There is no loss of picture of missing pixels, just overall your receiving the full power of your monitor.
I get that HDMI is better, but I dont have money for a new monitor right now... that is why I am buying an adapter. So you are not sure if I there are any cons to using an adapter to vga?(except the fact that its a vga)