[SOLVED] Considering building a new rig with discrete sound card

Ivan Tuzikov

Honorable
Nov 10, 2016
Would I need a PCI-E CREATIVE Sound Blaster to offload computation from a CPU? For example, I put 8-core CPU in my new RIG. Will there be any difference in gaming performance in comparison with integrated audio? I've created this thread only because PS5 will have a dedicated sound processor. So, I want to build a comparable rig.

Solution
no. the soundchip is onboard, not in the cpu. while there is a correlation it's not big enough to make any difference.

also I'd strongly advice going for an external DAC/AMP combo instead of a PCIe soundcard. they almost always come with driver issues and/or interference

the PS5 IIRC is a SoC and works a bit differently overall. also it's mostly connected to potent TVs instead of headsets.
no. the soundchip is onboard, not in the cpu. while there is a correlation it's not big enough to make any difference.

also I'd strongly advice going for an external DAC/AMP combo instead of a PCIe soundcard. they almost always come with driver issues and/or interference

the PS5 IIRC is a SoC and works a bit differently overall. also it's mostly connected to potent TVs instead of headsets.

Solution