Considering Buying The EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SC GAMING ACX 2.0 Card

The1amb

Reputable
Nov 9, 2015
Solution
sc = ''S''uper ''C''locked atx is the cooler style the newer coolers on these cards are the acx 2.0+

HC stands for hydrocopper and are components with waterblocks pre-installed at the EVGA factory.

The acronym FTW stands for "For the win". FTW model graphics cards come with a higher clock speed and are more likely to overclock further than a reference card. Each card is hand tested and guaranteed stable at the advertised clock speeds.

SSC stands for super-super clocked and is one below FTW. This means the card is factory overclocked by EVGA and has been tested for stability at the overclocked clocks.

SC stands for super clocked. It is the lowest overclock EVGA offers but is still tested and guaranteed stable at the advertised...
sc = ''S''uper ''C''locked atx is the cooler style the newer coolers on these cards are the acx 2.0+

HC stands for hydrocopper and are components with waterblocks pre-installed at the EVGA factory.

The acronym FTW stands for "For the win". FTW model graphics cards come with a higher clock speed and are more likely to overclock further than a reference card. Each card is hand tested and guaranteed stable at the advertised clock speeds.

SSC stands for super-super clocked and is one below FTW. This means the card is factory overclocked by EVGA and has been tested for stability at the overclocked clocks.

SC stands for super clocked. It is the lowest overclock EVGA offers but is still tested and guaranteed stable at the advertised speed.

all this should be at the evga site

http://www.evga.com/articles/00892/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-970-SSC/

http://forums.evga.com/ACX-20-vs-ACX-10-what39s-the-difference-m2221919.aspx

04G-P4-3975-KR is a newer card

now you may see there cards with a 2 [04G-P4-''2''975-KR ] that a older revision and the 1 in that spot is a reference style [ 04G-P4-''1''970-KR]

Solution

The1amb

Reputable
Nov 9, 2015
Ok, thanks! This brings me to my next question. Cooling in general is something I haven't worried about in the past, but if I get this card will I need to worry about over heating? I currently have a 600 W PSU installed.

???? just can be down to luck of the draw and your computer caes and room conditions ??

you never know any of that until your running it and see what you got - read the end users reviews and see what the average reported is ??

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487088

all you do is buy in the hopes your is not a lemon in any way [ that's with any brand or part ]

one more thing about a 970 is its not a ''true'' NVidia card to start

Furthermore, as we mentioned in our GTX 980 review, GTX 970 has been a pure virtual (no reference card) launch, which means all of NVIDIA’s partners are launching their custom cards right out of the gate. A lot of these have been recycled or otherwise only slightly modified GTX 700/600 series designs, owing to the fact that GM204’s memory bus has been held at 256-bits and its power requirements are so low.

The1amb

Reputable
Nov 9, 2015

So what is your take on this card?

??? for me I would not buy one , but that's just me ..

as you can see its the 3ed most poplar one sold at newegg if you go by the review amount its also hard to beat evga's support and all if a issue came up??

its just not I card I would desire like said above its a card that was made up to use up old 700 card parts and chips that did not make it for the true NVidia 980??

but you see everyone likes that and buys them ??

bottom line is you have to do your own home work and and do what you think is the best for you - all I can do is give a opinion weather I'm right or wrong good or bad it all comes down to you and your needs

like the last guy at newegg giving it a bad review [ Brian M. 11/8/2015 7:31:30 AM] the one egg ??

I mean all the info on all that he whined about been out there for a good year easy to find and read up on but yet he buys the card this week and acts like he's surprised and mad ??? [any brand of 970]

that's a guy that just bought something with out doing any research first all he cried about are well known issues or due to his lack of knowledge and all

most folks see it as not a big deal and seem happy running it heck 85% 5 egg worth of them ??

The1amb

Reputable
Nov 9, 2015

Yeah I like to get opinions about products before I buy though. Thanks for your time and help!