Question Considering replacing parts to fix application crashes. Where to start?

Aug 26, 2019
Hey all,

So I built my first pc about a month ago. Since then I have experienced multiple crashes related to my graphics card/driver in the following games:
  • Overwatch
  • Destiny 2
  • Rocket League
  • Teamfight Tactics
These crashes can appear at random, most of the time within 5 minutes of launching the game on like a load screen or something (leading me to believe it is not a temperature issue). I have tried just about all the software tricks I can find with no luck. I even tried switching in a different gpu, and still got the same crash issues.
This past weekend I took the computer to a local repair shop. For 3 days the team there tried several different things to find the error, but I do not believe they tried anything involving introducing new hardware to the system. After the computer showed several hours of success in different GPU stress testers, they returned the machine to me. However, the machine still produces the same errors.

I'm down to my last idea: systematically replacing parts to see if I can find the issue in a faulty piece of hardware. Below I have listed the order in which I plan on replacing the parts (as well as the current model of the part I am using). I am posting this here to look for additional suggestions or things to try while I wait for parts to arrive.
Order of parts to replace:
  1. Replace PSU (current PSU: Corsair CXM 550W)
  2. Replace MOBO (current MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk)
  3. Replace Processor (current Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X)
  4. Replace GPU (current GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1660TI OC edition)
If you have any tips or suggestions as to how I could reorder this list (or upgrade to better quality parts/brands while I'm at it), I will gratefully appreciate your feedback!

Full parts list can also be found here (if additional details are needed): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bZXY6s

Aug 26, 2019
fresh os install for the build? what os?
cpu/gpu temp during the game?
running the ram at 3000?

1. Fresh install of Windows 10. One of my most recent troubleshoot attempts was a complete reset of the OS.

2. Temps run high 70's in Celsius during gameplay.

3. No, I am running the RAM at the board preset of 2133