Considering to switch to a new case

Aug 10, 2018
I bought an iBuypower TRACE931 computer for about a year now and I've only realized that the desktop gets very heated up recently because there are only 2 fans along with a liquid cooler. I'm considering to switch to a new case like the Corsair Crystal 460X RGB or a Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 for more airflow. I also have the option to add more fans so the temperature can be lowered. Right now I average about 70-80C while gaming and 40C while idle. Is it worth the effort to switch the case and add more fans or should I only add new fans? If I should only add fans, what are some fans that are powerful enough to keep a 7700k and a 1080 at a 60-70C while gaming?

Here are my specs:
CPU: Intel i7-7700K
GPU: NVIDIA Gtx 1080
PSU: 600W(not sure about the brand)
Mobo: msi z270 mate

Solution
Before you go that far, let's see if the current cooling arrangement is even configured correctly. iBuypower and CyberpowerPC are well known for not doing things correctly and mis-configuration of components.

Where is the radiator for the cooler located on the case?

What size and model of cooler did it come with?

Are the fans blowing through the radiator into the case or are they in an exhaust configuration blowing through the radiator OUT of the case? In other words, are the fans and radiator in an intake or exhaust configuration? You will want to put your hand up to the unit and verify because I've seen them install radiators that should have been in one configuration based on where the radiator and fans were installed, but with...
Before you go that far, let's see if the current cooling arrangement is even configured correctly. iBuypower and CyberpowerPC are well known for not doing things correctly and mis-configuration of components.

Where is the radiator for the cooler located on the case?

What size and model of cooler did it come with?

Are the fans blowing through the radiator into the case or are they in an exhaust configuration blowing through the radiator OUT of the case? In other words, are the fans and radiator in an intake or exhaust configuration? You will want to put your hand up to the unit and verify because I've seen them install radiators that should have been in one configuration based on where the radiator and fans were installed, but with the fans facing the wrong direction either blowing out or sucking in when they should have been doing the opposite based on where they were.

Also, where are the other fans located and what kind of configuration are they in?

Solution