Consistent crashes while loading onto games

KingTiger23

Reputable
Aug 29, 2015
Built a new Ryzen based system recently all but the gpu. I got a temporary gpu from a friend to get me going which is a gtx 760. my specs are 1700x, 16gb 3000mhz ram, msi B450 pro-vdh mobo, 240gb ssd which houses the OS, and a 2tb hdd. My issue is i booted up the pc updated all drivers and then proceeded to play Cities Skylines which was fine. Fast forward 24 hours, i come to continue my "city" if you like and the loading bar stops about 2 thirds of the way along and i ether get a solid pink, green or black screen and i cant do anything and am forced to manually reboot my pc. with this i went and found there was another driver update for my gpu within the last day so i downloaded it and all was fine for that evening, anything i went to play didnt crash. However... today went to play cities skylines again and ive got the same issue back again of crashing on loading a "city" with ether pink green or black screen. thinking it could be drivers again i made sure all drivers were up to date, no joy. verified the files of cities skylines which came back fine. proceeded to try other games, tried civ6, was loading a new playthrough and once again get the black screen audio kept going but went all roboty, after a few secs audio went back to normal but the screen was still black and i couldnt do anything forcing me to reboot again. tried GTA 5 loaded all the way in to online, just spawned and not even 5 secs after spawning crash again... havent really been able to find any definitive solutions, however i do accept the 760 is the best part of 5 years old now and with a new build probably isnt the best combo. Any way any feedback is appreciated (on a side note i do plan on upgrading my gpu in the near future for obvious reasons)

KingTiger23

Reputable
Aug 29, 2015
Sorry, thought I gave sufficient info. Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz, Aerocool Integrator Mod XT 750W Power Supply, Semi-Modular, 80 Plus Bronze, MSI B450M PRO-VDH Socket AM4, Ryzen 1700x Processor, GeForce GTX 760 GPU

Based on what I see, I would say your power supply isn't up to the task. Aerocool isn't the greatest power supply to begin with, and it could be causing Vdrop or Vdroop in your motherboard.

If you are playing games, then your system is pulling more power. When that happens your voltage can drop. Too much voltage drop and your processor fails, as well as your ram could fail. This would give you corrupt data. Crash your system.

This could damage your computer components.

My advice....never go cheap with your power supply.