Question Consistent game disconnects with no error messages on a high-end PC build ?

Oct 28, 2023
Hello Tom’s Hardware Community,

I’ve been encountering an issue where I’m getting randomly kicked off from several games—most frequently Counter-Strike: Source (CS2), PUBG, and occasionally Red Dead Redemption 2—without any error messages. Oddly, this problem doesn’t occur with other titles like Dead by Daylight.

System Specifications:

• CPU: Intel Core i9-13300
• Cooling: Cougar Fan (2000 RPM with heat sink)
• Graphics Card: PNY RTX 4070 Ti
• RAM: Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR5 (4x16)
• Motherboard: ASUS Z790 Prime
• Storage: Crucial P3 1TB PCIe SSD
• PSU: Cooler Master 750W

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

1. All drivers are up-to-date.
2. Windows is fully updated.
3. Verified game files through Steam.
4. Temperatures are within safe ranges (40-60°C) while gaming.
5. Conducted hardware checks using PC Mark, CPU-Z, etc. with no errors reported.

Despite these steps, the issue persists. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Colif

Win 11 Master
I’ve been encountering an issue where I’m getting randomly kicked off from several games—most frequently Counter-Strike: Source (CS2), PUBG, and occasionally Red Dead Redemption 2—without any error messages. Oddly, this problem doesn’t occur with other titles like Dead by Daylight.
is it a crash to desktop or a restart?

Do any errors show in reliability history? If its been restarting PC, it will show Hardware errors in here as windows sees any unexpected restart as one.

Are the sticks all one set? Intel CPU are better at mixing sets but they not perfect.

Oct 28, 2023
is it a crash to desktop or a restart?

Do any errors show in reliability history? If its been restarting PC, it will show Hardware errors in here as windows sees any unexpected restart as one.

Are the sticks all one set? Intel CPU are better at mixing sets but they not perfect.
hi thanks for your replay
it was just one time it has restarted the pc . all the other times(more than 50 times randomly as i said) it will get back to desktop
for the latest crashes( during pubg) that i had it wasnt even an error , i went at event listener in windows and there wasnt any error record
which it makes me more confused!
i don’t think there would be hardware error, cause why i dont get any crashes while playing dead by daylight

Colif

Win 11 Master
grumbles about ms not making this next window easier to use...

search for System Information
In the application, click the + next to software environment
Click on the Windows Error Reporting header and wait... how long you wait depends on how long since last install.
Eventually the right hand column will fill up.
Alas the sort method for the date field is in Alphanumeric, which makes sorting by dates impossible.

Anyway, click on the Type Header. This will sort them into Application Errors and Windows Errors. I want to look at the 2nd type. Expand screen to be as wide as you can and grab the divider in the title header after Details so you can see the entire description in each line

What I am looking for is Pre Radar errors or BEX errors.
For instance, here is mine, it seems it isn't just Diablo 4 that has a memory leak
399oQJv.jpg

A BEX error is a “Buffer Overflow Exception”. This error is typically raised when Microsoft Windows detects that a program tries to put more data than possible in a region of memory. This is the computer equivalent of overfilling a glass with water until the water spills over

RADAR is Microsoft's Memory Leak Detector so that error indicates an App/program is not properly handling memory.

Both of these are game problems. Windows is just closing them to stop other errors occuring.

Reactions: Order 66

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023

Click on the Windows Error Reporting header and wait... how long you wait depends on how long since last install.
Alas the sort method for the date field is in Alphanumeric, which makes sorting by dates impossible.

Anyway, click on the Type Header. This will sort them into Application Errors and Windows Errors. I want to look at the 2nd type. Expand screen to be as wide as you can and grab the divider in the title header after Details so you can see the entire description in each line

For instance, here is mine, it seems it isn't just Diablo 4 that has a memory leak
399oQJv.jpg

A BEX error is a “Buffer Overflow Exception”. This error is typically raised when Microsoft Windows detects that a program tries to put more data than possible in a region of memory. This is the computer equivalent of overfilling a glass with water until the water spills over

RADAR is Microsoft's Memory Leak Detector so that error indicates an App/program is not properly handling memory.

Both of these are game problems. Windows is just closing them to stop other errors occuring.
I haven't had any issues like this with my system, but now that you mention it I should check this on my system. I wonder how long I would have to wait since I installed windows 3 months ago.

Oct 28, 2023

399oQJv.jpg

how can i fix that then?
there are both of them in here