Question Consistent (not blinking) light on top right of motherboard (near cpu fan slot)

Mar 23, 2023
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9k9QW4
This is my build, I looked online and it said it was a “DRAM issue”. I tried replacing my ram sticks and it didn’t change anything. I have them in slots 2 and 4 for a total of 32gb. When I turn off the pc or unplug it, the light turns red for a second and then turns off. Case fan runs, pc appears to run but doesn’t boot.

Mar 23, 2023
My build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9k9QW4
I looked online and it said it was a “DRAM issue”. I tried replacing my ram sticks and it didn’t change anything. I have them in slots 2 and 4 for a total of 32gb. When I turn off the pc or unplug it, the light turns red for a second and then turns off. Case fan runs, pc appears to run but doesn’t boot.

Trainspotter837

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2016
Im going through something similar

When you go to MSI's website for that motherboard and enter your RAM CMK32GX4M2D3600C18 it dosent come up as supported.

As someone said to me 'that dosent mean it dont work it just wasnt tested' but I have tried everything else with no joy so I have new RAM coming tomorrow. Same as You PC Part Picker never picked up an issue either. When I checked how much different RAM is supported for my MB it was over 1700 so its quite a comprehensive list.

Sorry I dont have better news but its all Ive got just now

Mar 23, 2023
Im going through something similar

When you go to MSI's website for that motherboard and enter your RAM CMK32GX4M2D3600C18 it dosent come up as supported.

As someone said to me 'that dosent mean it dont work it just wasnt tested' but I have tried everything else with no joy so I have new RAM coming tomorrow. Same as You PC Part Picker never picked up an issue either. When I checked how much different RAM is supported for my MB it was over 1700 so its quite a comprehensive list.

Sorry I dont have better news but its all Ive got just now
The ram worked. I ended up replacing them back into the spots and made sure both ends of each ram clicked when I put them in. Id also suggest looking in your motherboards manual or searching online for the PDF of it. It tells you what slots to put the ram in if you only have 2. Make sure all other cords are plugged in as well, my front end wires for the power button and usb and other things weren’t connected to the mobo. Not really correlated to the original problem but still a good tip because I nearly forgot lol

Reactions: Trainspotter837

TRENDING THREADS