Question consistent packet loss

Jan 14, 2020
Hello
appreciate any help, at my wits end

over the last week or so, mainly noticed when playing world of warcraft
i randomly get 5 seconds or so huge lag spike, everything freezes in place etc

using pingplotter i have noticed a pattern of every 20-30 minutes, packet loss is encountered at the same time as the lag spike

as soon as the spike/packetloss is over, the game runs fine

initially i would have huge pocket loss on hop 1 ( my router) so i thought perhaps there's a dodgy wire/router, but i have tried both a new ethernet cable and a router and there's no difference

View: https://imgur.com/a/oU1ymBe

but graph 1 is a snapshot of what happens during the spike/packetloss, there's no packet loss on hop 1 which is rare

a few minutes after graph 1 and in graph 2 the hop 1 router started to get intermittent packet loss in the top graph

and graph 3 same trace without the lag spike but now with packet loss at hop 1 but none at the end

thanks for reading

Last edited:
Reactions: roonie81
Try restarting DSL in routers option, that helped me, I think the DNS or the IP is screwing something (In world of tanks).

I also tried doing all kind of port fowards, static IP but this one thing helped me.

Try doing also in Command prompt (run it by admin)
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

Try updating driver of network adapter.

Jan 14, 2020
Try restarting DSL in routers option, that helped me, I think the DNS or the IP is screwing something (In world of tanks).

I also tried doing all kind of port fowards, static IP but this one thing helped me.

Try doing also in Command prompt (run it by admin)
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

Try updating driver of network adapter.

tried a third cable, and updated the adapater to intels latest, going to try an ethernet card over the weekend
but so far no luck

the fact it's so consistent when it spikes almost on a timer , id expect it to be erratic

not quite sure what you mean by dsl
appreciate the help