Question Console audio quiet on dual pc setup

smalls_5000

Prominent
Nov 21, 2017
Hello all, apologies if this isn't the correct spot for this question but I have a weird problem. I use a dual pc streaming setup, and use voicemeeter for transferring audio between my two computers and streamlabsOBS to stream. I recently started streaming console games as well (ps4 and switch). When I had a pc setup the audio was the normal volume. Now I have it set up like this,

Console>>>HD60s>>>streampc>>>voicemeeter>>>gamepc.

My console(s) goes into the hd60s, which goes into my stream pc. My headphones are in my game pc. To send it I monitor and mute the output on my stream pc (so it doesnt echo) and send it over with desktop audio from my stream pc to my gaming pc with my headphones in it. Somewhere along the way it gets really quiet. I can fix it by boosting the output volume in voicemeeter on the streampc, but then my alerts become deafening, and yeah I could go into SLOBS and lower their volume, but I am just wondering if there is a work around or true fix that doesn't require me to do all of that every time I decide to move to or from the console stream.

smalls_5000

Prominent
Nov 21, 2017
For those wondering, I figured it out. Somehow the sound was lowered in the elgato capture settings.

Edit**** nope. This did not fix it. Literally changed nothing and I don't understand it. My xbox, and my switch, are both perfect and loud but my ps4 is at a whisper and I can't figure out why

Last edited: