[SOLVED] Console to PC: Help with Prebuilt

Jul 27, 2020
Was hoping to build my 1st PC or buy a PS5 but I can't keep up with this madness. Looking for a prebuilt to:
  1. Play - Elite Dangerous, Scavengers, Valheim, Rocket League
  2. Work - Premiere Pro, Lightroom, Photoshop
My monitor: Asus Tuf, 1440p, 165hz
Current Budget: $1650

I get a small discount with Dell, is Aurora Ryzen R10 a good or bad idea?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Solution
Thank you so much for the help and especially for pointing out the GPU needed for Premiere. I was wondering, I have a 4tb external G-drive that I use solely for my editing projects and I now have a 250GB SSD converted into an external drive. Should I still go for the drives you recommended or can I go lower in that area in order to secure the 5800 and 2070 super?
You could save a few bucks and get just the SSD instead of SSD & HDD. I didn't know you had the external 4TB for projects. Ideally you will eventually want to edit projects, especially video, on the SSD as that will save time due to disk speed. You could do the 512 NVMe now and add another disk later in order to get the 5800.
If you customize some of the specs on the base model, you can do pretty good for those games. Main thing is you will need the nVidia GPU for Adobe so that hurts the overall budget a bit, but the 2070 Super will allow for high FPS at 1440p. I would go with the 1TB NVMe drive with 1TB HDD, 16GB RAM in dual channel, the 5600X is a good CPU but the 5800 will help in regards to Premier Pro. You will overall have to tinker with things to fit it all in your budget, but overall with the cost of GPUs right now you won't be able to do better building it yourself.

Reactions: illumiiNova
Jul 27, 2020
If you customize some of the specs on the base model, you can do pretty good for those games. Main thing is you will need the nVidia GPU for Adobe so that hurts the overall budget a bit, but the 2070 Super will allow for high FPS at 1440p. I would go with the 1TB NVMe drive with 1TB HDD, 16GB RAM in dual channel, the 5600X is a good CPU but the 5800 will help in regards to Premier Pro. You will overall have to tinker with things to fit it all in your budget, but overall with the cost of GPUs right now you won't be able to do better building it yourself.

Thank you so much for the help and especially for pointing out the GPU needed for Premiere. I was wondering, I have a 4tb external G-drive that I use solely for my editing projects and I now have a 250GB SSD converted into an external drive. Should I still go for the drives you recommended or can I go lower in that area in order to secure the 5800 and 2070 super?

jtk2515

Distinguished
I just bought a R10 for 1550$ Shipped to me 1400$ after amex offer and 6%back from dell. 5600x/6800xt/1000w/120mmRadiator/8gbmemory. Just make up your build then click chat with support and give them your shopping cart code and ask for a discount. They will give you 10-20% off.

I would not go over a 100watt CPU and the motherboard Bio is Garbage, no resizable bar, core curve and manual bios overclocking. But it was my cheapest option. Using ryzen master to OC ATM.

The air cooled option is very very bad. So get the liquid cooling options or plan to upgrade. Air cooling option does not have vrm heatsinks. I would buy Ram else where as dell's memory is cl 20.

It shipped in 2 weeks. Now if your getting a NVIDIA GPU I would assume it will take longer. a 3070 is 100$ more then a 6800xt atm.

Currently I dont see any good Prebuilt deals. about 2 weeks ago there was some decent 3070 3500x deals for 1250$.

6800xt Premire Pro benchmarks

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/a...6800-XT-Performance-1989/#RawBenchmarkResults

Last edited:
Reactions: illumiiNova
You could save a few bucks and get just the SSD instead of SSD & HDD. I didn't know you had the external 4TB for projects. Ideally you will eventually want to edit projects, especially video, on the SSD as that will save time due to disk speed. You could do the 512 NVMe now and add another disk later in order to get the 5800.

Solution