Constand BSOD on FRESH Install of windows on brand new build

aleks94

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011
As the title suggests, I'm getting non stop BSOD's on a fresh install of windows and a brand new build.

Let's Start off with the specs and i'll give you guys more insight on what I've done to troubleshoot and the information I've gathered so far.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Radeon RX 570 OC
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3000mhz
MOBO: Asrock x470 Master SLI/ac
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2tb

Don't think the rest of the components matter, but just a KB/M and a Dell Monitor.

I've had to reinstall the OS 3 times. Every time I believe I've fixed it, the next day I'll start getting nothing but a plethora of BSOD's. Up until this point, it's been the same thing over and over.

The first install I figured was my fault because I accidentally installed incorrect drivers. So I said to hell with it, let me just install a fresh copy of the OS and make sure I pay attention to which drivers I'm installing. I'm now onto OS install #2. I update all the drivers, and bam BSOD. After looking at the dump files and thinking back to when the BSOD's happened on my first install I thought it was the Intel WiFi driver. So I used the intel auto detect software to see if any drivers were out of date and voila, the WiFi driver needed an update. I was quite happy, Last sunday, no issues. It seemed to make sense, anytime I was downloading a program and trying to install. I would experience a BSOD. The following day, I've got photoshop running, I attempt to do some work. BSOD. The second install seemed to be a bit wonky, task manager for whatever reason was opening slower than it was on the first install, as were the windows folders and various programs. I attempted to use Driver Verifier to see if it would spit back which drivers were causing the issue. On each restart I'd get a BSOD telling me that the Master Ryzen program was the culprit(I don't plan on overclocking so I don't even really need that program to be honest) It would keep looping and popping that same BSOD, telling me that Master Ryzen was the issue. So, not being able to get back into windows I attempt to disable driver verifier through CMD before it tries to boot. That works, but the BSOD loop continued. At this point, as you could imagine. I'm quite frustrated. So I wipe it again, reinstall the OS. So far it's been fairly good. Programs are opening quickly and I've installed the major programs I need. Windows is running smooth, except for two bluescreens I've gotten since the install about 4-5 hours prior.

BSOD #1 Popped a "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION"

BSOD #2 Popped a "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT"

This is pretty much the same stuff I've been getting on every install. Every time it happens, bluescreen view tells me ntoskrnl.exe is to blame. except on the last bsod I got recently, it said ntfs.sys was the culprit.

Based on my knowledge those are kernels and they likely wouldn't be the issue, and from what I've read its because windows forces the computer into a BSOD so when it generates the dumps, programs like bluescreen view will tell you that it was the culprit. Unless I'm wrong, then feel free to correct me.

At this point, I'm not sure what else to try. I've ran sfc /scannow. I've run memory diagnostics, I've run diagnostics for the ssd and all came back positive. Updated every single driver that needed to be updated. I've flashed the latest bios from Asrock, downloaded the latest chipset driver from amd. yet im still experiencing a bsod. Which seems to happen when something is downloading for the most part.

I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to reading bug checks and analyzing crash dump reports but I tried my best to gather knowledge from windbg and thought it was the wifi drivers but those are up to date and I still experienced a bsod.

If there is anyway for me to upload what windbg reports, I'll be more than happy to upload the dumps and have someone analyze them as I'm sure there are plenty of you out there with knowledge much superior to my own when it comes to troubleshooting these BSOD's and analyzing the dumps.

I appreciate everyone's time and effort in advance and I hope that someone can help me get to the bottom of this pesky bsod issue.

Colif

Win 11 Master
is memory on the Motherboard memory compatibility list?

Have you run memtest86? Try running memtesst86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 8 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

You shouldn't get errors on a new install so if you are running ASrock App store as soon as you install and make sure you have latest drivers, the only cause can be hardware.

Go to c:/windows/miinidump folder
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

Due to bad weather and other disruptions this week, I may not answer as soon as I would like to - http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3879706/forum-software-coming-tom-hardware.html

aleks94

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011

Hello, thank you for your response.

I looked it up on asrocks compatibility list for my mobo and the Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO ram is not on that list.

I downloaded memtest86. I'm not sure if I ran it properly, but all I did was install the program to a usb drive. Booted the usb driver from the BIOS and let it start. On the second pass, it aborted the test due to too many errors.

https://ibb.co/NnGsGZ1 here is a link to an image I took of the memtest86 errors

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsQ9mxwJQBwZi1rHMVpkyerCG-kR

^ one drive link to the two dmp files that were created when I got the two BSOD's

https://ibb.co/k8kZ9cm

^ above is a link to an image of the memtest86 report.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/i6VA.html

File: 020419-7703-01.dmp (Feb 4 2019 - 18:56:34)
BugCheck: [SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: MsMpEng.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 28 Min(s), and 04 Sec(s)

File: 020419-6453-01.dmp (Feb 4 2019 - 20:40:55)
BugCheck: [MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: Setup.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 41 Min(s), and 57 Sec(s)

Motherboard: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X470%20Master%20SLIac/index.asp
You have the latest available BIOS already installed.

While I don't know if RAM compatibility is the issue or not, if you got memtest86 errors, you need to test the RAM sticks one at a time. Open the case and remove the 2nd one. Test each stick 1 at a time in the first slot. If only 1 shows up with errors, then that might be your problem. If both show up with errors, you might have compatibility problems (or 2 bad sticks which would be unlikely).

Colif will probably answer later. Please wait for more answers. Good luck.

aleks94

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011

Hey, Thanks for the response.

I ran each module in the first slot. the first module passed all the tests with flying colours. The second module got errors on the first pass. So, i'm starting to think that its just faulty ram. If it was incompatibility issues I'm guessing i'd be seeing those errors on both modules?

Although this ram isn't on the manufacturers QVL List, the 3200mhz Vengeanve RGB Pro is and I've got the 3000mhz version. Unless i'm wrong, shouldn't those both be the same? just different clock speeds? So the lower, 3000mhz ram I got should be working, right? Either way, I think im just gonna go back to my locals and get it exchanged and grab something that's on the manufacturers QVL List. Hopefully that solves my issues. But in the mean time if you have any other ideas. I'd love to hear em.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I think Ryzen is picky about what ram it runs and its probably wise to stick to ram it lists on the QVL.

It could just be the errors you found in stick 2 but if you can, i would swap to the 3200 since board does list it.