Constant and multiple errors on Win10 installation - please help!

Apr 6, 2018
For the last couple days I've been trying to install Win10 on my machine. It was installed before (running for a couple years no problems), but for some reason one morning, it wouldn't start. Luckily everything was backed up so I decided to do a fresh install. But now, I can't even complete the installation process. I've tried EVERYTHING I could think of, but I keep getting errors during installation (0x8007025D, 0x0000005D, etc). Fortunately I have spare like-for-like parts lying around, so I swapped out components but still getting the same errors. Here's what I've done so far:

-swapped motherboards (asus p8z68-v pro gen3)
-swapped hard drives (240gb Corsair SSD's (tried 2 of them), 500gb WD HDD (1 of them)
-tried all kinds of combinations with memory (Corsair Vengeance, 4gb sticks - tried from 4gb to 16gb total, changing slot locations)
-tried installing from both a USB thumb drive and the DVD (haven't burned a DVD in ages!)
-I've disabled "Execute-Disable Bit Capability" in my BIOS

I HAVE NOT tried another processor (2600K - not overclocked, seems healthy from what I can tell)

This is driving me up the wall. Would really appreciate any ideas!

Solution
Error code: (HRESULT) 0x8007025d (2147943005) - The specified buffer contains ill-formed data.

if you get this during a USB transfer, I would try a usb 2.x port, it might be slower but is more likely to work than a usb 3 port.

you could also be getting errors generated from the usb thumb drive. Bits written via usb are not verified by default.
you might do a full format of the usb device and reimage windows 10 to it.

asus p8z68-v pro gen3 is a older board, you might want to make sure the bios was updated. any of these old boards that have "turbo speed usb3" will not work with generic USB drivers on the windows 10 install.
After a bios update, it might work. (if the bios date is after the USB 3 updated specifications, after...
Error code: (HRESULT) 0x8007025d (2147943005) - The specified buffer contains ill-formed data.

if you get this during a USB transfer, I would try a usb 2.x port, it might be slower but is more likely to work than a usb 3 port.

you could also be getting errors generated from the usb thumb drive. Bits written via usb are not verified by default.
you might do a full format of the usb device and reimage windows 10 to it.

asus p8z68-v pro gen3 is a older board, you might want to make sure the bios was updated. any of these old boards that have "turbo speed usb3" will not work with generic USB drivers on the windows 10 install.
After a bios update, it might work. (if the bios date is after the USB 3 updated specifications, after about April of 2013 )

Solution