Question Constant audio drop-outs via Optical and ARC ?

imail724

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
Can anyone help me figure out what is causing my receiver to constantly drop audio when streaming movies/shows? I had my 4K Firestick connected to my receiver for years without issues, except my Yamaha RX-V377 receiver is not HDCP 2.2 compliant, so I couldn't stream in 4K. I recently decided to connect my Firestick directly to my TV (Samsung UN55KU6270), and then connect my TV to my receiver via HDMI ARC. This is where I first started having audio dropouts. After doing a bit of research online, I found that ARC can be pretty unreliable and audio dropouts are not uncommon. So I switched over to optical, but unfortunately that didn't seem to make a difference. I ordered a second optical cable the other day to see if that would help but the issue persists. I have tried playing around with my TV's audio settings, my receiver's settings, and my Firesticks audio settings, but I just can't seem to make the issue go away.
Does anyone have any other solutions short of purchasing a new, HDCP 2.2 receiver?

Thank you

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS