Question Constant beep in usb amplified headset

Oct 21, 2019
Hey, I am using a pair of headphones with an amplifier from my old turtle beach headset.

Normally everything is fine, but when I get in a discord voice channel or launch a game / some certain programs, there is an annoying and constant beep. I can lower this beep volume only by adjusting the volume on the amp itself, but then the volume of the other sounds is too low, so that's no option.

Does anyone know what causes this problem, and how or even if I can fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Oct 21, 2019
Is that sound confined to only when you have Discord open? You sure you're not talking about the notification noise when someone sends PM's via Discord or when a channel is not muted?

Make and model of your headset?
It only starts when i join a voice channel, if i leave the voice channel but still have discord running, the beep stops. Doesn't matter if the channel is muted or not, it's not a problem with discord but i think it starts when a program starts using my mic,
the amp is from my old turtle beach px22, my headphone is a vmoda crossfade wireless 2

Oh and, this is not the notification sound of discord and i the sound isn't linked to discord in particular, when i launch a game without discord even running the problem still occurs

Last edited: