Question Constant blue screen crashes revolving around memory, and corrupt drivers.

Jan 25, 2023
Hello, I recently bought and assembled a brand new PC to use for gaming. The computer worked perfectly fine for about a week until suddenly I started experiencing frequent blue screen crashes. It’s gotten to the point the computer will blue screen on startup. Every error message relates to either the drivers being corrupt or problems relating to the RAM. I’m not super tech savvy when it comes to computers so I’m at lost on how to fix the issue.

I have tried the following things to try and resolve the issue.

Take out and put back in the RAM (it did nothing)

See if my drivers are all updated (computer said all my drivers are up to date).

See if windows 10 was fully updated ( It was.)

Try to boot the computer into Safe Mode with Networking to see if I could do something from there. (Every attempt led to a blue screen).

Try to reinstall windows (every attempt led to a blue screen crash).

If anyone has a solution or explanation for this problem please let me know! I’d gratefully appreciate it.

PC Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero

Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws V series 64GB

CPU Cooler: be quiet! 250W TDP Dark Rock Pro 4

Power Supply: Corsair RMx series RM850x

Hard Drive: Seagate BarraCuda 8TB

Video Card: AMD Radeon RX 5700 xt

Operating System: Windows 10

Hello, I recently bought and assembled a brand new PC to use for gaming. The computer worked perfectly fine for about a week until suddenly I started experiencing frequent blue screen crashes. It’s gotten to the point the computer will blue screen on startup. Every error message relates to either the drivers being corrupt or problems relating to the RAM. I’m not super tech savvy when it comes to computers so I’m at lost on how to fix the issue.

I have tried the following things to try and resolve the issue.

Take out and put back in the RAM (it did nothing)

See if my drivers are all updated (computer said all my drivers are up to date).

See if windows 10 was fully updated ( It was.)

Try to boot the computer into Safe Mode with Networking to see if I could do something from there. (Every attempt led to a blue screen).

Try to reinstall windows (every attempt led to a blue screen crash).

If anyone has a solution or explanation for this problem please let me know! I’d gratefully appreciate it.

PC Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero

Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws V series 64GB

CPU Cooler: be quiet! 250W TDP Dark Rock Pro 4

Power Supply: Corsair RMx series RM850x

Hard Drive: Seagate BarraCuda 8TB

Video Card: AMD Radeon RX 5700 xt

Operating System: Windows 10
Bios update

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...S-4304.zip?model=ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO

Hello I did the BIOS update and the computer said it installed properly but I'm still getting the same Blue Screens
Sorry for the delay in response I'm in the middle of moving myself and three roommates... Honestly without doing much digging into your issue fully yet, if this is a ddr5 mobo it maybe the ram itself... Or the mobo.... Ddr5 is still on the newer side of it launch and ram is the biggest part in a PC that has bigs on launch... Whether it's the mobo bios not playing nice with new reading or the ram itself not keeping timings right

Jan 25, 2023
Sorry for the delay in response I'm in the middle of moving myself and three roommates... Honestly without doing much digging into your issue fully yet, if this is a ddr5 mobo it maybe the ram itself... Or the mobo.... Ddr5 is still on the newer side of it launch and ram is the biggest part in a PC that has bigs on launch... Whether it's the mobo bios not playing nice with new reading or the ram itself not keeping timings right
I see, I’ll take a look to try and figure out what a solution may be. If you have any more info let me know! Thanks for your help!

Jan 25, 2023
Update! Looks like the MOBO isn’t reading one of the RAM sticks for whatever reason. When going into the BIOS it says one stick slot is being read while the other is simply N/A. I already tried taking the ram out and putting it back in and it did nothing. Any other suggestions?