[SOLVED] Constant Blue screen of death tried everything so far.

nagyvaradibenc

Prominent
Oct 9, 2018
So about a year ago i had problems with blue screen all the time i had these(Page fault in nonpaged area,system service exception,memory management , kmode exception not handled) and all of this was caused by a driver named ntoskrnl.exe , i tried basicly everything , checked ram for any malfunction find none , checked all of the ssd, hdd in the system nothing was wrong with them either , checked everydriver and so on , at one point i gave up and reinstalled windows all together witch solved the problem until 1 month ago , and the same blue screen error started to happen again ( i failed to mention it but all of them happened during gaming) and this time i really don't wanna reinstall windows again and risk of getting these errors back after some time , i just need to find out what is causing the problem , if any of you can help me i would be really greatful (i attached a picture of bluescreens in the past month)

Solution
perhaps the one you got from cpu was the bad system config info error that gm got last time.

as there aren't many errors that have bad in their names :)

that is an odd error to get running a CPU test. I would have expected a hardware one? instead the system fell over.

we saw those 3 dv results. it is a moving target and not normal. I mean, its possible you had all bad drivers but I don't see it that often. With Intel test throwing a random error, you might want to make this

Prime 95 bootable - https://www.infopackets.com/news/10113/how-fix-bootable-prime95-stress-test-hardware

Prime Guide - http://www.playtool.com/pages/prime95/prime95.html

I want to check hardware before looking at drivers.

nagyvaradibenc

Prominent
Oct 9, 2018
Intel i7-8086k
32 GB ram G.skill trident z rgb 3600mhz
Msi 1080 ti armor
Asus Rog strix z370-f (latest Bios)
1 Tb wd hdd
3 tb toshiba hdd
kingston a400 240 gb (windows)
kingston a1000 480 gb (online games)
650 W evga psu

I changed nothing ,first i was suspicious about the a1000 drive because most of the blue screens happened while playing game from there but later it happened from hdd games as well.

Well so far almost all the games i play regularly caused a BSOD but most high demanding games are the main cause the only game that did not cause a BSOD so far is league of legends.

Last edited:

geckovic02

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
So about a year ago i had problems with blue screen all the time i had these(Page fault in nonpaged area,system service exception,memory management , kmode exception not handled) and all of this was caused by a driver named ntoskrnl.exe , i tried basicly everything , checked ram for any malfunction find none , checked all of the ssd, hdd in the system nothing was wrong with them either , checked everydriver and so on , at one point i gave up and reinstalled windows all together witch solved the problem until 1 month ago , and the same blue screen error started to happen again ( i failed to mention it but all of them happened during gaming) and this time i really don't wanna reinstall windows again and risk of getting these errors back after some time , i just need to find out what is causing the problem , if any of you can help me i would be really greatful (i attached a picture of bluescreens in the past month)
disable the xmp profile in the bios and let your ram run at 2133mhz or something similar. My friend had an issue (although he's using amd, the problem could be present on intel aswell) where his 3200mhz ram wasnt able to run @3200mhz. lowering it to 3000mhz was working perfectly fine.

(He had also the memory management error code)

Colif

Win 11 Master
in case its not hardware
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

nagyvaradibenc

Prominent
Oct 9, 2018
disable the xmp profile in the bios and let your ram run at 2133mhz or something similar. My friend had an issue (although he's using amd, the problem could be present on intel aswell) where his 3200mhz ram wasnt able to run @3200mhz. lowering it to 3000mhz was working perfectly fine.

(He had also the memory management error code)
I will try it if no one finds anything

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://ironyhold.htmlpasta.com/
File information:031620-11359-01.dmp (Mar 16 2020 - 08:22:45)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 22 Hour(s), 36 Min(s), and 18 Sec(s)

File information:031520-14687-01.dmp (Mar 15 2020 - 09:45:33)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Razer Synapse 3.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 01 Min(s), and 07 Sec(s)

File information:031520-11734-01.dmp (Mar 15 2020 - 09:43:08)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Uptime:2 Day(s), 6 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 51 Sec(s)

File information:030820-10968-01.dmp (Mar 8 2020 - 15:55:22)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Uptime:5 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 40 Min(s), and 20 Sec(s)

File information:021920-14937-01.dmp (Feb 19 2020 - 15:29:18)
Uptime:2 Day(s), 10 Hour(s), 23 Min(s), and 20 Sec(s)
Comment: The GPU tweaking driver "iomap64.sys" was found on your system. (AI Suite or GPU Tweak 2)

BIOS info was not included in the 1st dump file. This can sometimes mean an outdated BIOS is being used.

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Synapse 3 is still in beta, it might not be cause but I just thought I mention it.

you have this installed, its from 2008 - https://www.nicomsoft.com/products/i2c/
Apr 08 2008 DDCDrv.sys WINI2C-DDC Kernel Mode driver (Nicomsoft Ltd.)

BT could do with an update
Sep 12 2012 btwsecfl.sys Broadcom Bluetooth IT Manager Filter driver (Broadcom Corporation)

you have some interesting software -
Oct 17 2013 aksdf.sys Aladdin Knowledge Systems Data Filter driver (Aladdin Knowledge Systems Ltd.)
Apr 15 2014 hardlock.sys Hardlock Device driver https://safenet.gemalto.com/
Jun 24 2014 aksfridge.sys Ancillary Function driver (Aladdin Knowledge Systems Ltd.)

might want to update all of above as anything older than 2015 is not a win 10 driver. Could be cause of errors.

nagyvaradibenc

Prominent
Oct 9, 2018
Synapse 3 is still in beta, it might not be cause but I just thought I mention it.

you have this installed, its from 2008 - https://www.nicomsoft.com/products/i2c/
Apr 08 2008 DDCDrv.sys WINI2C-DDC Kernel Mode driver (Nicomsoft Ltd.)

BT could do with an update
Sep 12 2012 btwsecfl.sys Broadcom Bluetooth IT Manager Filter driver (Broadcom Corporation)

you have some interesting software -
Oct 17 2013 aksdf.sys Aladdin Knowledge Systems Data Filter driver (Aladdin Knowledge Systems Ltd.)
Apr 15 2014 hardlock.sys Hardlock Device driver https://safenet.gemalto.com/
Jun 24 2014 aksfridge.sys Ancillary Function driver (Aladdin Knowledge Systems Ltd.)

might want to update all of above as anything older than 2015 is not a win 10 driver. Could be cause of errors.
Yeah well i did not install any of those.... i will get rid of them and report back if i experience an other BSOD

nagyvaradibenc

Prominent
Oct 9, 2018
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://ironyhold.htmlpasta.com/
File information:031620-11359-01.dmp (Mar 16 2020 - 08:22:45)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 22 Hour(s), 36 Min(s), and 18 Sec(s)

File information:031520-14687-01.dmp (Mar 15 2020 - 09:45:33)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Razer Synapse 3.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 01 Min(s), and 07 Sec(s)

File information:031520-11734-01.dmp (Mar 15 2020 - 09:43:08)
Uptime:2 Day(s), 6 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 51 Sec(s)

File information:030820-10968-01.dmp (Mar 8 2020 - 15:55:22)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Uptime:5 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 40 Min(s), and 20 Sec(s)

File information:021920-14937-01.dmp (Feb 19 2020 - 15:29:18)
Uptime:2 Day(s), 10 Hour(s), 23 Min(s), and 20 Sec(s)
Comment: The GPU tweaking driver "iomap64.sys" was found on your system. (AI Suite or GPU Tweak 2)

BIOS info was not included in the 1st dump file. This can sometimes mean an outdated BIOS is being used.

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.
Yeah the SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION was probably caused by synapse but it was right after a BSOD and i think while it was rebooting it went haywire. (never had that BSOD before and had synapse for over a year now.)

Colif

Win 11 Master
Razer was what crashed, it may not have been the cause. What generally shows in the reports after Process isn't the cause, its just what was running at time. System is generally just the kernel.

none of the crashes actually pointed at a problem, its why I suggested older programs as they can be the cause. Anything not written for 10 can cause problems.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump new file through the debugger and got the following information: https://lanciformdesk.htmlpasta.com/

File information:031820-13656-01.dmp (Mar 18 2020 - 09:41:17)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 16 Min(s), and 37 Sec(s)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z370-F-GAMING/
You are using BIOS 2001. There is a BIOS update available for your system (version 2401). Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

since no one suggested it

look at 2nd post in this thread and follow precautions I set - https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nclude-in-blue-screen-of-death-posts.3468965/

Driver verifer will find a driver if one is at fault.. or cause boot loops. 2nd part is why I have precautions (its built into windows, you would think they can make a driver tester that also doesn't break windows).

ntoskrnl is blamed for everything because it is involved in everything. It is the windows kernel, . It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications. It got blamed but its not the cause

Colif

Win 11 Master
uninstall razer and run it again.

razer drivers are like Nvidia drivers, they are always possible causes but so many people seem to have them and they aren't always the cause. Synapse is the reason I don't buy Razer hardware. I had a Blackwidow KB about 5 years ago... i replaced it with logitech and their software is much better (though 15 years ago logitech software was bad, now they aren't the only KB maker they have to try harder. Razer will learn one day)

nagyvaradibenc

Prominent
Oct 9, 2018

Colif

Win 11 Master
is this your motherboard?

ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING?
As that is what sysinfo in your bios is reporting and if you look on the link I gave above, it shows

Bluetooth
Version 1.5.1014.3003
2019/04/0321.68 MBytes
ASUS Bluetooth Driver

but i don't see it mentioned as a feature on the Spec list. https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z370-F-GAMING/specifications/
it shows it on mine - https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/Z97PROWiFi_ac/specifications/

Asus might be confused or something :)

I double checked as I wasn't sure I was looking at right error report.