[SOLVED] Constant Blue Screens on New PC

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 19, 2021
As the title says, I am constantly getting blue screens, or black screen crashes with some graphics still showing followed by restarts, when playing games. I did previously post on the Windows forum, but the person who was helping me stopped responding. They had me update BIOS and motherboard drivers, run Furmark, MemTest86, Intel Burn Test, driver verifier, completely reinstall Windows, etc... I am not sure if I am allowed on this site to post a link to that thread since it is an external site, but there are about 40 dump files contained it in. Just some history with the PC, I have dealt with 2 graphics card RMAs for the 3080. The first one died (no display) after about a month, the second one had fan issues, and I now have a third. The blue screens have existed with all 3 cards, so I do not think it is that. Unfortunately I do not have any spare hardware to swap out, and am not very computer savvy where I feel comfortable doing a lot of internal work. Any suggestions are welcome! I just want to get this computer running properly, since it never has from the moment I got it in October. The thought of sending it back to where it was built has crossed my mind, but I have concerns shipping the PC across the country, and have already had issues with the company during my RMAs, so if it could be resolved some other way, I would prefer that.

My specs are as follows:

I9 10900K
ASUS Prime Z490-v
Gigabyte RTX 3080
1TB WD Blue SN550 SSD
3TB HDD SATAIII
Corsair RM850 PSU
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz C16 RAM

Thanks in advance for any help.

Solution
The CPU is definitely overheating. your minimum reported CPU temperatures are around what a lot of people average under load. Your average is in the mid to high 60s and peak temps are hitting 95+ C. You need to dedust and clean your computer. If that still does not translate to significantly lower temperatures it may be time to repaste the CPU. Following that if you still have overheating issues you will most likely need to get a better heatsink/fan for your CPU.

Colif

Win 11 Master
since everyone else is in here... still getting bsod?

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

The CPU is definitely overheating. your minimum reported CPU temperatures are around what a lot of people average under load. Your average is in the mid to high 60s and peak temps are hitting 95+ C. You need to dedust and clean your computer. If that still does not translate to significantly lower temperatures it may be time to repaste the CPU. Following that if you still have overheating issues you will most likely need to get a better heatsink/fan for your CPU.

Solution